Chapter 10: Benny Weir, The Sorcerer Supreme

Start from the beginning

In what seemed to be like a blink of an eye, I was out of the gym into what looked like an old church. The walls were a dark white and vines were crawling toward the ceiling. An alter stood at the front that looked to be stained... red. Chains were also spread across the table and they looked to have been used recently. There was blood that was still wet spotting the cuffs and chain links.

This must be where he brings his... meals.

I was pulled out of my daze when I felt Xavier pushing me towards the alter, I tried to resist but he grabbed my arm and squeezed so tight I could almost feel it breaking.

Once we reached the alter he pushed me down and using his vampire speed chained me up before I could even move. I struggled to get out of them but I knew that there was no hope for me. A prickling wetness filled my eyes and warm drops cascaded down my cheeks... I was crying.

"Shhh, relax, it will all be over soon."

But I didn't hear his words. My mind was clouded with all the things I have done and all the things I never got to do. Just as I felt his sharp fangs poke at my neck I said my final words:

"I love you, Jesse."

Suddenly a flash appeared and Xavier was thrown across the room and landed in a heap near the door, his body unmoving. A loud clinking noise caught my ears and I looked to see that the chains had broken and fallen to the floor. I looked around, believing that Benny had found me and was saving me but he was no where in sight. That got me to thinking what else could be stronger than his magic, then it occured to me.

Jesse

A blood bond is one of the strongest types of magic known. It protects when the bonded is in danger. Jesse protected me from danger.

This revelation got me to decide to try and see how much farther this can go. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, focusing on Jesse, trying to get him to feel me here.

Jesse, please find me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sank to my knees as he took my Ethan away

I sank to my knees as he took my Ethan away. I was the only one who wasn't reacting. Erica was comforting Sarah as she cried into her shoulder and Benny was freaking out, his magic getting out of control causing lights to break and books to fly. And I just sat there, not wanting to look away in hope that he would come back. But no matter how hard I stared, he wouldn't come back.

I felt like I was going crazy because I could still hear his voice in my head. Putting my hands around my head I tried to block out the voices but they just kept getting louder and I could barely understand what they were saying.