Chapter 14: We make a good team

Start from the beginning

He looked around and to Wei Ying it seemed like his eyes lingered on all the young masters of each clans...

"By the way...Where is Hanguang Jun...?Is it OK if he doesn't attend classes...?"
Wen Chao asked on not finding Lan Zhan...

Though Wei Ying was angry with Lan Zhan he couldn't help but worry seeing how Wen Chao seeked out Lan Zhan...This can't be good...This entire thing with Wen Chao returning to cloud recesses reeked of trouble...

And why in the world didn't Lan Zhan come to class...?
Wei Ying wondered...

"Lan Wanji has already completed his education...He occasionally joins the lectures to help me manage the class..."
Lan Qiren said to him...

"Hmm...interesting..."
Wen Chao said thoughtfully before walking out of the hall with the girl...

The class settled down after that...

~~~~~~

The elusive Lan Zhan turned up in the next session and had to sit down right next to him as it was the only spot left...

Annoyed by his behavior in the morning Wei Ying ignored the man...

Lan Qiren continued with his lectures...

"Treat others gain as your own..."

"See others loss as your own..."

"Don't tease others lacking...don't brag ones abundance..."

Wei Ying could see from the corner of his eye that Lan Zhan was looking at him...But when he would turn to look at him Lan Zhan would look straight ahead...

Ok..Two can play this game...
Wei Ying decided...

"Stop evil...spread good..."

"Give more...take less..."

Wei Ying leaned back placing his hands on either sides...

It was taking a lot of effort on his part to not fall off into a deep slumber...Wei Ying shifted his hands a little, to make himself comfortable and found a toffee lying next to him...

He turned to the side and saw Nie Huaisang eat his own toffee while hiding behind his fan...Thanking in him in his mind Wei Ying smiled at the fan lover who smiled back at him...

Wei Ying was about to eat his toffee when he saw Lan Zhan look at him weirdly...
Well if you wanted to have toffee maybe you shouldn't have offended the only friend you have in this whole universe...
Wei Ying thought to himself...

He then covered his face with the sleeve of his robes and turned towards Lan Zhan and put the toffee in his mouth...
He then licked his lips just out of spite...

Wei Ying saw Lan Zhan's face darken and chuckled realizing that maybe the fuddy duddy was annoyed because he had toffee during the lecture...

Well take that you Lan Zhan...

He thought with a smirk before turning his attention back to the class...

"A good person will be respected by everyone...blessed by nature and good fortune will come to him..."

"Subduing mountain sprites, ghostly monsters, eliminating ghosts and banishing evil...all these are for enlightenment..."

Bored out of his minds he decided to entertain himself by irritating Lan Zhan...

Wei Ying drew a cute tortoise on a paper and send it flying to latch onto Lan Zhan without anybody noticing...

He saw Lan Zhan roll his eyes and then place the Tortoise inside his book...