Chapter XXII: - "The Running"

Start from the beginning

Yet Bagheera suddenly seemed to focus on just Mowgli only, his eyes ever so appearing to end up fixed on him as they had looked at one another. Also Bagheera had seemed determined about all of this regarding the young boy. Still Bagheera roared out and Mowgli immediately had begun to climb the branches of the tree from within its inside as the black panther then began to claw at and break the branches as the boy gasped in intimidation. Yet even as Bagheera seemed to break through and began to climb after him, Mowgli still managed to climb up to another cliff edge and climbing up some more vines he was able to get onto some high rock structures with flat surfaces upon and across whichever he had managed to jump across and then in just a few moments be able to into the lead with all the young wolves that were ahead of him at first to at these points then end up as behind him.

Immediately Mowgli managed to jump across a tree branch on the ground and there at some green-moss-covered-up-rock-structures in turn had stood the wolf parents of each young wolf and Bhoot and as well as The Mother Wolf Nisha Nicknamed Raksha and The Father Wolf Vihaan, and at the central parts of those stood Akela whilst nearby those rock structures thus so had stood Baloo himself, whosoever was watching Mowgli with all but such great pride as that of whichever so would one feel as a teacher for a student as Mowgli truly was so close to the finishing part of all out of this which was going on. Yet just as Mowgli had made it so close to the finishing point of it all, alas yet still had The Black Panther Bagheera had lunged right out at and pinned the young boy down to the ground and as the young boy had yelped out in shock as this had happened, he growled, roared and bellowed in such a way that it had intimidated Mowgli all right into gasping on out and yelping with all the whole very intensity of all the fear he suddenly had felt.

Bagheera stood over and stared at him right ahead into his eyes, growling then roaring and then bellowing right into the boy's face as he had trembled right before him.

"Let him go, Bagheera!" Ordered Baloo, "Bagheera! If you please!"

Bagheera looked at Baloo, and then complied to this call, getting off of Mowgli and afterwards pacing back and forth a bit as the boy got up and looked at his teacher. Even Baloo was quite shocked by all this having happened at such a one last moment, and by what it all was that Bagheera just did. Though he knew that the boy always had the next time that such events as The Running as so here yet was all of this true with even a single wolf cub placed as from under his tutelage, still so, all but nonetheless still as so proud as he was of the boy and knew how so so quite excited that he was about all this, still all the same, the boy should have remembered to always keep a lookout.

"You had let your guard down." Said Baloo, altogether quite very simply, and yet still with neither remorse nor pleasure taken in saying all of this. "I told you, never let your guard down."

Immediately Mowgli got altogether so quite rather tired of this, and had now become prepared to snap right then and there at all of these points. "He was at first chasing all out of these others, and then after all of that over here was he all but in turn just so altogether alone chasing me - he had targeted me, as he knows I am among all here the weakest." Insisted Mowgli in his defense on the matter.

Baloo cuffed Mowgli again and as he got up and was told by Baloo, "Nonetheless Mowgli, you had allowed your excitement-", Mowgli cut him off and insisted in his defense some more, by saying, "All in the name of trying to get me to fulfill a promise to him about going to that local Man-Village not far from these parts of The Jungles from among The Wilds if I were to fail at The Running."

Then Baloo looked with wide and at first confused eyes as he heard what this all was about and realized what Bagheera's intentions were.

Truly Mowgli was so hurt that Bagheera did what he did as he knew what it was for, and so he had all right then said, "All of your lessons .... they all mean nothing!" Immediately Mowgli took off into the distance of the trees nearby him and all those present.