chapter fourteen.

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Luce!" She heard her brother's voice call out to her from the restaurant's entrance. "Lucy!"

"Is that your brother?" The man asked from beside his wife.

"Unfortunately, yes. It was nice meeting you! Have a great trip!" Lucy said goodbye to the couple and joined her brother at the entrance. "You are so embarrassing! What do you want?" She asked annoyed.

"The missus wants to see you and so do the kids. They want their Aunt Lulu." Issac spoke.

"They can see me next time. I don't want to be in the same house as Melina." She replied.

"Just say mom, dumbass."

"She doesn't act like my mom so why should I say she's my mom?"

"Dude, just come back and we can talk it out! It's weird without you there." Issac pleaded, but Lucy wasn't buying it.

"Weird because I'm not serving your plates like I've been doing since I was a kid? Tell me, Issac, does Camila serve you? Is she your new server?" Lucy stepped outside with Issac so the customers wouldn't listen to their conversation.

"Don't call my wife that!"

"Then how come you never defended me like that when mom made me do the same thing to you, Daniel and Leo? I gave up my childhood just to mop floors and make scrambled eggs, something none of you couldn't do until you got to college." Lucy turned around to start walking away. She didn't know where she was going, all she knew was that she wasn't going back to Melina's house.

"I'm sorry!" Issac shouted. "I'm sorry for everything. I wasn't back then, but I am now. Look, I was dumb and didn't appreciate what you did for us. I get how angry you are, but maybe it's time to talk about it and get it out. Move on."

Lucy stopped walking. "I can't just move on. I guess you didn't know that."

"Lucy, please, just come home and I swear I'll talk to mom about everything she put you through. How unfair she treated you all those years." Issac said.

"Promise?" Lucy hoped he would stay true to his word.

"Yes, just come home."

Somehow, Lucy was convinced. She was on her way back to the place she dreaded. Maybe it would be different, maybe this time she would actually be happy to be under the same roof as her family. When Issac opened the front door, they were greeted by his and Leo's kids running towards their Aunt Lulu. She picked one kid up then gave them their hello kiss on the cheek then continued doing the same greeting until she got everyone.

Then, Issac followed her to the dining room where everyone was waiting patiently for Issac's return to officially start eating together. Lucy shyly waved at Camila and Emma, who were ecstatic to see their sister-in-law.

"You finally came back, wow. You went to get high or what?" Melina started to fix herself a plate of bacon and eggs.

"I know you're not happy to see her, mom, but just listen-" Issac tried to speak, but his mom interrupted.

"And why shoul I listen to the one who brought her back? I asked for a peaceful family breakfast and this is what i get? Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with you?" Melina sarcastically laughed.

"Please don't speak like that in front of the kids." Leo demanded.

"This is my house, my rules. Did you forget who raised you and your brothers?" Melina scoffed.

"Melina, shut up." Abuela Liliana raised her voice, but her daughter ignored her.

"Lucy did." Issac replied, glaring at his mom. Lucy felt like there was hope that she could finally live a happy life.