(2)Past Haunting

I hesitate. "What are you doing here?" I say quietly.

He doesn't say anything. Instead, I see a shadow come into the room from the basement stairs next to Fury. My eyes shift over to see the last thing I would have ever expected. Spider-Man.

My breath hitches in my throat. I don't say anything but my eyes widen and my lips part. Tears immediately prick my eyes, I look back at Fury and scoff.

"Why'd you make me keep it a secret if you were just gonna bring him here a month later?" I say to him.

"We need to talk." He says. "And the kid wouldn't leave me alone." Fury complains and looks at Peter.

"Why do we need to talk?" I ask as I wipe my stray tears and walk over to the knife on the floor.

I pick up the knife, and drop it in the sink. "It's your sister." He says as I lean on the counter and drop my head. What could he possibly want?

"She knows where I am." I state as I look back at him over my shoulder.

"But do you know where she is?" He asks me.

I'm confused, and my expression shows that, I turn my body to face him and lean on the counter with my hands on my lower back.

"What are you-?" My phone starts ringing. The three of us look at my phone on the counter, my lips still parted to speak.

I sigh before going to pick it up. I read the name.

I huff. "It's my friends." I say, a bit frustrated as I flash my eyes up to them and then back at my phone. I answer the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hey, I-"

"Y/n!" The four of them yell through the phone.

"You need to get here, like, right now. Sarah's on her way and I'm gonna be third wheeling like crazy." JJ was saying. "More like fifth wheeling actually..."

"God- would you leave her alone? The poor girl is going to be scared away." I hear Kie say.

I glance over at Peter as his mask disappears into the rest of his nanotech suit. He's avoiding eye contact with me but I can tell he's sad. Jealous.

"Listen, I don't, um... I don't think I'm going to be able to make it tonight." I say with my hand over my forehead.

"What?" A few of them say.

"No! Why?" They all drag out their words.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, guys." I say over them.

"Why not?" Kie asks. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, um, something came up with my foster-moms." I say and I look up at Nick with my hand now down by my waist. "Everything's fine. Next time, though, okay?"

"Okay, we love you!" They all say. "Hope you're all right." Kiara says.

"Thanks, guys." I say and I hang up.

I toss my phone back on the counter and stressfully rub my fingers through my hair.

"Where's Wanda?" I cut to the chase.

"Have you ever heard of a town called Westview?" Fury asks me.

I take off my work apron and put it on the counter as I think back. "Uh, I-I don't know. Maybe." I shrug.

"We're gonna need you to come back." Fury says.

I look at him. "Okay... for how long?" I ask.

He pauses before he shakes his head at me lightly.