ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄᴀʟ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ

Start from the beginning

Rolling my eyes at the male's lack of attention, I proceeded to continue my journey, eyes momentarily flickering to a wet smudge of paper ball on the carpeted floor. Then I climbed my way up the stairs, following the soft sounds of talking until it became more audible to my ears.

Do you think I look anything like Susan?” Lucy's sweet familiar voice was muffled behind the closed door. A smile made its way to my face, excitement suddenly embracing my form.

My hand then silently opened it, being welcomed by the sight of a miniscule room with white as its major colour. A bed was pushed firmly by the right side, a window to the outside allowing light to come in. To my left was a small vanity table with a mirror attached to the wall. Then up front was a painting that suddenly took my attention, my eyebrows furrowing as a strong surge of humid air passed through me. To which I quickly shook my head at, averting my gaze to the two people with me.

“I think you look a lot like a Lory.” My words made both their heads snap to my direction, eyes widening with shock as their mouths hanged open. It took a few more seconds of them just gaping at me before Lucy sprinted from her spot by the mirror with a loud squeal. A surprised chuckle came out of my mouth as her arms latched firmly at my body, incoherent sounds being unheard from her. Happiness was exploding in bursts of colours in the room, a pop of positivity bringing aliveness to my empathy.

“Oh my go— I missed you so much!” She screamed in disbelief, a large grin present on her face. I was then brought into another hug from her, this one being shorter than the first. The girl had admittedly grown taller, even her face showed signs of maturity.

“Maybe I missed you too, I don't know.” That comment earned a small push from her, a laugh bubbling out of me as her playful glare shot at my face.

“How did you even get in? Did Uncle Harold let you?” She questioned curiously, my brow raising slightly.

“Who?”

“I—” Lucy gave up. “It's quite worrying how you got inside without Uncle Harold noticing,” Which she added next with a small whisper to herself. “What if it was a robber who entered?

With a roll of my eyes, I then handed her the paper bag I was carrying, her hands excitedly getting it. She knowingly moved to the side to give us some privacy, but of course not before she gave me a wiggle of her eyebrows. To which I threw her a dirty look at.

My eyes then travelled to the other person who was still glued to his position on the bed, features still showing too much incredulity. But as our gazes met with each other, his next action was like a blur as he leapt to where I was. Next came the warm feeling of his arms caging my being, my eyes closing at the delighted screams of my magic. His usual intoxicating smell filled my nose as his grip impossibly tightened its hold. A grin arriving at my lips as his face reached the crook of my neck, his nose slightly tickling my nape. His breath provided heat to my shoulder, a small yet delicate peck being placed there. My grin morphed into a contented smile, fingers coming to play at his hair. It made him nudge his face even closer, hands steadily gripping at the back of my clothes.

I love you.” The way he said it was like a song bringing peace to wars, like a sweet melody lulling people to a dreamless sleep. His deep voice providing shivers to the depth of someone's spine.

It wasn't always that Edmund spoke of those simple words. Instead he'd say things so deep that it felt like an endless poetry. And I knew that this was his I miss you. But of course, it wouldn't be him if a message like that was expressed with direct words.

What was minutes, felt like hours before he finally showed his face, a huge grin being carved on it. Similar to his sister, his face also held noticeable sharpness, aged into something much more charming. He suddenly flickered his gaze to my lips, head slowly inching closer and closer until—