"I see," Niall nods. "It's a tough situation. But you look a lot better lately, so I'm happy for that."

"I feel better," he admits. "I really missed her."

"Shocker," Niall rolls his eyes. "Alright, I have a business dinner tonight, might even go out for a few drinks, don't wait for me."

"I never do," Harry chuckles.

Not even an hour later Harry is in a two bedroom apartment in Greenwich with a reasonable rent and his own washing and drying machine which is considered a miracle. As the owner is talking about the building and utilities, Harry knows he should be paying attention, but he can't take his eyes off of you.

Wandering around in the spacious and empty living room, you're wearing a power suit today with a long black coat, your hair up in a loose bun, a red bag hanging from your shoulder as you inspect the room around you. It's the second place you're checking out and probably the best place so far, but when Harry realized that finding his new place might be the end of this little apartment hunt he's been doing with you, he started finding all the things he didn't like about the homes he has seen.

"What do you think?" Harry asks, taking a look at the fireplace as he joins you in the living room.

"Spacious, nice, big windows and a washer and dryer. That's very rare," you smile, walking over to the window to check the view. "Do you like it?"

"It's... not bad," he hums, yet to find something against the place.

"You can use the second bedroom as an office and a huge bookcase would look amazing in here for all your books," you muse, already seeing the room furnished in his style. You're too busy imagining what it could look like to notice that Harry is only looking at you.

"How do you know I still have my books?" he asks and you huff rolling your eyes.

"Please, you'd rather sell your soul than get rid of your books."

You're right. And you're right because even despite the three years gap, you still know him better than anyone, probably.

The owner joins you and takes Harry to show him the closet spaces, so you're left alone in the living room when your phone buzzes. It's Derek, again, he is asking if you want Chinese for dinner, he is probably on his way home.

Any normal girlfriend would be happy to spend their evening with their boyfriend and some takeout. But as you think about the option to go home to Derek and spend more time with Harry, you have no doubt which one you want more.

Y/N: I'm meeting with a friend for dinner. Don't wait up Xx

Harry and the owner return just as you send the text and shove your phone back into your bag.

"So what do you think?" the lady asks with a bright smile.

"It's nice," Harry nods, looking around again.

"Right? Perfect for a young couple like you two, darlings!" she beams.

Harry almost chokes on his own saliva at her words, but it doesn't faze you, if anything, your chest warms up as you just break a smile.

"No, that's—" Harry speaks up, but you cut him off.

"Exactly! It would be so nice as our first home we share, right?" you act along, linking your arm with his while ignoring how the thought of being a couple with Harry again fills you with bliss and joy.

"Uh, y-yeah, I guess," Harry clears his throat and it's comical how his ears are turning red.

The lady smiles brightly, telling you about the nearby park and the market that's such a blessing on Sundays, but Harry is still hung up on how you just went along with the couple thing. His chest aches, imagining a parallel universe where it's the truth and the two of you are looking for your new home as a couple, but that's not his reality, because he hurt you in the past and you're dating someone else.