Heart in Sacrifice

When I woke up, I started to do my rituals. I received a wake-up call from Queen of Hearts and she told me that Headmistress Pearl will be waiting for my arrival in the SS office. At first, I was curious why Head Pearl is having a wake-up call for me, then I remembered the reason why.

I guess she'll be going to test if I did practice and memorize the spells from the spellbook.

After I took a bath, I wore our school uniform and topped it with our SS coat. I fixed my hair and fixed my room before I stepped out of the room. I am holding the spellbook that Principal Spencer gave to me.

After I read and analyzed The Good and Bad Man entry last night before I went to bed, I somehow feel bad because I'm slowly doubting Principal Spencer.

I have known him as a good Principal since I stayed in Blanche and I can't just believe what I just read. I also can't say that Axl Ancient is lying because once and foremost, He's just a kid when he wrote that entry.

Napabuntong hininga nalang ako at naglakad sa hallway. Nakita kong naglalakad papunta sa direksyon ko si Oishi kaya binilisan ko ang aking paglalakad para makalayo sa kanya. Hindi niya ako pwedeng maabutan kasi alam kong maraming tanong ang bumabagabag sa kanya ngayon. Hindi lang sa kanya, Pati rin kay Victor at Walter.

But I can entertain their questions, but not right now. Masyadong delikado para sa kanila. Narinig kong tinatawag niya ang pangalan ko pero hindi ko siya nilingon. Nakarinig din ako ng mga yabag ng paa sa akin likuran at alam ko na kung kanino ang mga 'yon.

I heard Victor, and Walter's voices from afar, and I can overhear their conversation. Tinanong nila si Oishi kung ano ang nangyayari at bakit hindi ko sila pinapansin but then, Rick Mal came in.

I heard him say that "She's on a great mission and having a conversation with any of us might distract her. If you wanted to show your support for her, I advise you to just support her discreetly." Sabi ni Rick na nakapag pa tahimik kay, Walter. Thank's Rick.

"Is it a serious mission? What is it?" I got chills when I heard the voice, Victor. He seemed so puzzled. "You might not want to know it, Mr. Rough. She's not going alone and she's in good hands." Good hands? With the Bad Man? Spencer King Ancient? I heave a sigh before I continue walking heading to the office.

When I arrive at the SS office. I closed the door quietly and greeted Headmistress Pearl. She pointed to the chair beside her asking me to sit on it, which I did. "Did you have practice last night?" She said with her charming voice. "I do, but not all of it. " I answered.

I'm not confident with the spells I learned last night. When I tried to focus, either the entry about Mr. Arson or the entry about Emerita or the entry about Principal King and Spencer troubled me. I can't memorize and there's only one spell that keeps my confident self awake. Only that spell.

"That's great! You still had 6 days to prepare though. Don't be too hard on yourself." She said, Actually, the monologue I did yesterday helps me not to be too hard on myself. When I try to overthink or think a lot, I always do a monologue and it helps.

To see thoroughly, Head Pearl looks harder than me. She had a large eye bag underneath her eyes and her hair was still in a messy bun. Not her style at all. The headmistress is the kind of person who takes good care of her physical appearance no matter how busy she is.

There'll be no way she won't be wearing lipstick or blush on, because according to her.

Makeup can make up the dead. No sense at all but I don't have any intention to ruin her so-called make-up 'quote' After all, we didn't contradict it though.

"5 minutes and Principal Spencer will arrive here. He said he'll be delivering an important announcement." She said, I frowned my brows. Ano na naman kaya 'yon?