Episode 9: Aparajita - The Undefeated

Start from the beginning

She kept gazing at his face and looked into his eyes. The loneliness she went through all these years felt disappearing to her as she heard his words. She hugged him tightly not wanting to let him go away from her. He hugged her back with the same intensity.

"Past mein jo hona tha woh ho gaya Sweety, par ab tumhe phir se mauka mila hai apne aap ko prove karneka. Ab tumhe na toh darrna hai aur na peeche hattna hai. Give her the taste of her own medicine.", He says. She nods her head which dug in his chest. He kisses her forehead before leaving her embrace.

"Thank you Agastya. Main washroom jaake aati hoon.", She said.

"See you in the auditorium", he said.

She went to the washroom and splashed water on her face, wiped it with the tissue and applied a lipstick. There was a sound of flush and the door of one of the washroom opened. It was Surveen. Sweety looked at her through the mirror while Surveen approached closer to her.

"Oh!! Tum gayi nahi ab tak? Tumhe beizzati itni pasand hai ki ek baar phir stage pe aane ka sapna dekh rahi ho? But afsos, tumhe stage pe aane ka mauka bhi nahi milega iss baar.", She fakes a sad pout and flaps her long false eyelashes.

Sweety looked terrified and it looked as if she would cry. Surveen smiles but not for long as the next moment Sweety smirks and shows her the middle finger with a sassy attitude. Surveen frowns and goes outside fuming.

Sweety confidently climbs up the stage and gives her performance. At the end of her performance there was a pin drop silence in the auditorium. Sweety looked at everyone present over there and then starts walking towards the stairs when the other artists present, who were emotional as they felt connected to her performance, starts clapping and appreciating her for her mind-blowing performance. Surveen wasn't happy with this. Sweety walked down while her eyes were interlocked with Agastya's, who looked at her proudly. She goes and occupies her seat.

"I've got my lead, Sweety will be the 'Aparajita' for our play 'Aparajita - the Undefeated'. Surveen you will have to upskill your acting and work on yourself. Better luck next time.", He says sarcastically, forwarding his hands for handshake with Surveen, while she was burning from inside, feeling insulted. Everyone congratulated Sweety.

"I know how she got the role Agastya. You are going to repent on your decision. Surveen se dushmani bahut mehengi padegi.", Surveen says with gritted teeth.

"Apne apne aukat ki baat hai. I can afford expensive things hence I don't have to rely on cheap tactics like you.", Agastya says.

"Huh! Dekh lungi tumhe", Surveen says.

"Beshak dekho! Magar durr se dekhna, kyuki mujhe tumhaari saddi huyi shakal dekhne mein koi interest nahi hai.", He smirks.

Surveen stomps out of the auditorium angrily.

"Congratulations Sweety! Welcome on board officially as a performer. Ab humko double fees deni padegi tumhe. Ms. Actor cum Playwright, discount milega kya fees main?", He asks.

"Nahi, funds kam hai kya?", says Sweety before hugging him.
.
.
.
Yun Toh Teri Mehfil Mein Oh Maahi
Kitni Daafa Hum Hai Aaye
Haan Tu Hi Hai Tujhse Hi Hua Hai
Ishq Tujhe Yeh Bataye

The choreographer is showing Sweety a contemporary dance step followed by she performing those steps. Agastya is watching her dance from far as he stood near the auditorium door where he was speaking with Rishab. Rishab leaves and Agastya leans against the wall with his legs crossed and observes Sweety.

Tujhse Hi Karu Gallan Dil Di Sachiyan
Tere Hi Liye Bandhi Doora Pakkiyan
Chaddeyan Main Jag Sara Chaddi Duniya
Maahi Teri Yaariyaa Na Honi Kacchiyan