Chapter 2 - Lilies of Innocence

Though my days have been pretty much the same as usual, I haven't been able to get my last encounter with Sakurada out of my mind. Today's the day of the gig that she wrote down alongside the location. Figuring it'd be a good way to break through some of my recent monotony, I ended up deciding to go. I kinda consider what kind of music their unit plays. I honestly don't really have any clue, so whatever she plays, it'll be a surprise.

As I went through the shopping district, I had the paper she had written things down on in my hand. Eventually I found the club I was looking for and headed inside.

I meandered inside as I saw that gathered around the stage was a crowd of people who were gathered to watch Lyrical Lily, Sakurada's unit, perform. It looks like they're more popular than I had imagined

Eventually it began, and as I stood off to the side of the crowd, I watched Sakurada and her friends perform. The music reminds me of the stuff my grandma used to play on the radio while we were in the car when I was little.

As one song came to an end, Sakurada began to speak "Are you enjoying our show?" When the crowd responded, she smiled even more and said "Yay, I'm happy to hear that! I love it when you're having fun! I was really hoping to spend some amazing time with you all again, here in this venue, and it looks like my wish came true!"

As I saw her up there, it continued to dawn on me that Sakurada was somebody who completely contradicts my understanding of people. I've had to learn the hard way that people are always their most motivated when something benefits them, but when it comes to Sakurada, it feels like she sincerely does this because she loves to bring joy to others.

"I guess some people just aren't how I thought." I said as I fiddled with the necklace I was wearing and the ring on it. This girl draws my attention in a way I can't really describe and is honestly really interesting to me. Since she seems like the sheltered type, it feels like it'd be hard to regularly interact with her though.

Eventually their gig came to an end, and while I did want to tell her that I enjoyed it, I don't really know how I'd talk to her. I'd imagine she's busy right now at any rate. In the end I shrugged, and figured I'd just head home. Maybe I'll get something to drink first though, I could go for some cola or something.

I left the club and found a nearby vending machine, and as I pulled out some cash to get something, I realized that they probably had somewhere you could buy a drink where I had been. I let out a sigh, when I felt somebody tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to see who it was, only to find Sakurada.

"Hey, I figured you'd be busy after your gig." I said

"You aren't entirely wrong, but I saw you off to the side while we were playing and wanted to make sure I was able to talk to you." Sakurada said. I guess standing off to the side was good for something beyond just staying out of the crowd.

"Is that so? Well then this works out for me, as I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed watching you girls." I said

"I'm glad to hear that Y/n." Sakurada said

"Hey, I'm sorry if this is rude or something, but do you have a phone or something? Because you seem kind of interesting, and I'd like to talk to you more, but it'd be hard to do that if we had to rely on running into each other every time." I said

"I don't, sorry. But maybe we could get in contact with each other through email? I could use my family's computer to respond." Sakurada said

"That works for me." I said "I'll need to find something to write with, but I'll write you down my email."

"You can probably borrow something at the club my friends and I were performing at." Sakurada said

"Fair enough." I responded

The two of us headed back over there, talking as we did, and as we got to the entrance, I saw that there were the other girls in Lyrical Lily waiting for us.

"Miyu, why did you run off like that?" the redhead asked

"Um, I think it was to catch me before I left." I said

"This is Y/n L/n. He's Sister Shinonome's nephew and I met him when he was helping her with something. And I ended up inviting him to come see us." Sakurada said

"I see." the redhead responded "In that case, I'm Haruna Kasuga. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Alright, I think Aunt Shinonome has mentioned you before. Although she's mentioned some girl named Shiratori that causes some problems that mean she needs my help more often." I said

"That would be her." Kasuga said as she pointed to a girl with white hair.

I looked at her and awkwardly said "Uh hello." Seriously, if I had known she was here, I wouldn't have mentioned any of that.

I talked to the four for a bit before I quickly went and borrowed a pen from the club, with which I wrote my email onto the other side of the paper I was given with the date of this gig.

"I gotta get going, but it's been nice talking to you. I'll talk to you again soon Miyu." I said as I handed Miyu the paper and started to walk away. I gotta say that those girls are definitely interesting, with Miyu being the most interesting of all. I dunno if we'll really end up talking too much, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping so.

-------------------------------------------------

A/n: I don't really know where I'm going with these titles, but I feel like I'm starting to get some small idea, even if I don't really know how to put it into words yet. Also I gotta say it's amazing how well listening to Secret of The Goddess by Oratario The World God Only Knows fit while writing this.