Chapter one- Day one

Naruto: Pov

"Come on its only one knock you can do it" I rose my hand again for what I think was the fifth time, until I just did it and opened the door the first thing I noticed was how surprisingly it was clean in here looking around the living room I saw no sign of the silver haired ex ninja so me being me I called out "sensei? You around here?" I heard padding of footsteps and then a thump followed by a door opening, "naruto? Is that you?" I smiled at seeing him but it vanished instantly his body was thin and he looked completely paler than usual, "yeah sensei it's me I have some things to discuss with you regarding me and you" right after I said the words they sounded off maybe not meant to sound in that order or way, kakashi just nodded and felt his way around sitting down on his couch

I followed suit and sat across and sat down and started talking but before I even spoke he beat me to it "let me guess Naruto tsunade doesn't bode well with my new condition and decided that you'd be the best fit for a roommate and assistant, therefor you'll be living with me for a while" he had his headband covering his eyes and his usual shirt was beginning to look loose on him even his mask was starting to slip, I frowned and replied "not just those but I'm here as a friend sensei not to mention I'm going to keep you company and such"
I saw the shift in his posture and it wasn't good " so a babysitter as well? Sounds peachy to me" he sighed the sarcasm in his voice very obvious; "look I'm sorry that your stuck with someone like me I get it but you'll survive,"

i got up and walked into the kitchen rummaging through his fridge he was quiet and then spoke very quietly "why did you save me back there? You should've let me die" I looked up from the fridge and mumbled "what?" He spoke a bit louder "you heard me that mission should've killed me you were with me you saw it you should've let me" his last word was cut off by a slap across the face I was frowning tears threatening my own face as they began breaking free my voice cracked as I began yelling " you think I would've let you die!? I've lost a lot of people after that damn war and yet somehow we made it though it other people lost family members and friends and yet you yourself wish to die!? I don't think so kakashi don't fall that low yes your eyesight might be gone but your still here and if you weren't here...I..I wouldn't know what id do"

I hadn't realized it but I was hugging him by the end of my rant "please sensei don't give up yet... live I know you still can" he was shaking a bit before he rose up pushing me away and saying " I'm sorry naruto I don't think I can anymore call me a failure, weak or even a coward but I just can't" with that he hobbled his way to his room and closed the door I just stared at the floor and sobbed silently "he can't be gone..not yet I won't let him..."

A/n: sorry for the short chapter but here it is my own independent story of kakanaru other than the other one with zilla now then I hope you enjoyed leave a comment and such criticism is welcomed I'd also appreciate what you would like to see and such thanks
-Bao