Chapter 24: Explanations

Start from the beginning

"Like I suffered a painful death and was reborn again" he replied nonchalantly.

Yelan smiled at him one last time before her face became more serious.

"Now how many times have I told you to not do dangerous stunts all the time!" Everyone in the room except for Fujitaka, Touya and Fuutie was all trying to stifle their laughter at this. Seeing Syaoran, the leader of the gang and might as well be the toughest guy they know was being scolded by his mother...not a sight they get to see everyday. Syaoran looked past his mother and glared at the people seated on the chairs at the table, then stopped. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought he saw someone familiar just before the other door, the one leading to the kitchens, closed. He was about to think about this before Yelan's voice interrupted his thoughts. "Are you listening to me? You could have been hurt much more than what happened or worse killed! You were being reckless and I- and who might you be?" Yelan asked in a softer tone as she saw a girl behind her son.

Syaoran looked at his mother then turned to look behind him.

"My name is Jessie"

"Why hello dear, and are you one of the girl's friends?"

Jessie nodded. Before Yelan could turn back to her son, Jessie added. "I'm also Syaoran's current girlfriend"

Everyone's head whipped around towards the other door that connected the dining room to the kitchen as they all heard something crash.

"I'm so sorry" the person said softly as she immediately bent down to pick up the broken pieces, allowing only the people near her to see who she was. But the sound of her voice was awfully familiar.

'...awfully familiar' Syaoran thought, hoping the person would stand up so he could see her.

Syaoran looked around at everyone and his gaze settled on Tomoyo. She was glaring at him before she stood up and walked over to help the person. He was about to deny that Jessie was his girlfriend but pain shot through his head.

"Shit" he whispered as his head began to ache again.

"Syaoran" said a soft voice. "Syaoran, please wake up...are you all right? You aren't one to give up, so please don't. If you fall unconscious, you might not be able to wake up again, so I hope your just resting, don't fall asleep okay? I missed you...just give me a sign that you're still conscious...please? For me..."

'Sakura' he thought. That was the best dream he had had for a long time now...he was even hoping it was real. He sighed before turning to his mother.

"Mother, I'm hungry, can we start eating now?"

Not waiting for a reply, Syaoran walked over to his usual seat which was at the head of the table and noticed everyone giving him looks. He considered it as unusual but decided to ignore it for now. As he was about to pull back his chair, Tomoyo stood up carrying the tray which held the broken pieces of glass that had shattered.

The other person stood up as well and gave a small smile to Tomoyo before taking the tray from her.

"I'm so sorry everyone, I'll be right back with new glasses" she directed to everyone with a small bow.

"Sakura, you've helped enough, we've got the maids to do that stuff" Mei Lin said. "You can take sit down"

Syaoran stood stock still staring at her.