Chapter One

Edmund Pevensie considered himself a creature of stealth. Maybe that was why he'd been so eager to take on this mission to take down Kan Altın, a rumored branch of the Parijana empire. Maybe it was beacause of the principle of the thing, because the Parijana were a horde of criminals that needed to be taken out. Maybe it was what he told Peter and Susan, that he was doing so to further the much needed friendship between Narnia and it's powerful but moody neighbor, Sehkret.

        Regardless of his excuses, Edmund was happy to finally be taking action against the Parijana. They had been a thorn in his side for quite some time now, their complex web of thevies, pickpockets and pirates woven though Narinan lands and sea. For months, He'd been relentlessly prusuing lead after lead, but only found dead ends. Peter and Susan had been apprehensive to throw any support toward him, citing bigger diplomatic issues.

        Thankfully, Sehkret had been hit a lot harder by the Parijana than Narnia had been. Several frigates and coffers had been emptied into the greasy palms of the Parijana. Sehkret could afford it as they were a much weathier nation than Narnia, and but Peter desperately wanted to stay on their good side. Realations between the the two nations had been tense as of late, and Peter had been more than willing to throw support behind a cause that would make Sehkret cordial.

        And now here he was, crouched behind an inner wall of the Kan Altin fort, with his best men, his insides burning. Edmund itched to move, but he kept still and listened to the quiet steps of the guards, (or frankly, he thought, thugs) as they pittered past. His legs ached with anticpation.

        The guards rounded the corner, their steps fading. Edmund sprang up, sprinting across the wide courtyard with his men trailing behind. Mentally, Edmund thanked Susan for convincing him to not wear lots of noisy armor, instead opting for quieter chainmail.

        This is a stealth mission Ed, She had chided, Not a battle.

        He slipped through the doorway, wordlessly motioning to his men to follow him down a dark corridor.

        He had heard rumors of what cargo they kept here- something lucrative but unspeakable. Everyone talked about the fort as if it was seeped in poison. He hadn't figured out what it was yet, but he had his theories. Lucy's favorite was that the fort was filled to the brim with cursed gold. He had laughed at it then, but now, standing in the dark halls of the fort, he thought that a curse wasn't so far fetched. There was a heaviness in the air, as if an ever present evil had contaminated the air.

        They reached the end of the ever winding hall, quickly taking out the guard standing post by the door. Eagerly, Edmund grabbed the keys and unlocked the door.

        He hesiated with his hand on the knob, and glanced back at his men. They looked at him expectantly. One met his gaze and gave him a solemn nod. Taking a deep breath, Edmund swung open the door.

----

Hello There!

I'm trying something new here, so if you want to read more, please let me know! I need to know if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

AHandfulOfStars