"Amelia" he called out, making her turn. "Say hi to fez you remember him right"

Amelia held onto the fridge door turning to him. Fez was now looking at her as well, noticing how nervous she got. Amelia nodded awkwardly before saying anything.

"Yeah...um sorry hey" Amelia waved and smiled while fez did the same thing.

"What are you going to eat amy?" Amelia's mom questioned ending the awkward situation between the two. Fez turned back to what he was doing with Mr. Gonzalez and Amelia turned to her mom.

"I don't know, maybe toast," she replied.

"At 2 o'clock?"

"Why not?" Amelia took the bread and put two slices in the toaster while she went to get an avocado from the fridge.

The whole entire time Fez would turn and her little glimpses of the girl just as Amelia did as well.

Sometimes they caught each other in the act which just made them grin and look back down. None of her parents actually noticed they just continued what they were doing.

Once Amelia was done preparing her food she sat on a stool a cross from her mom in the kitchen counter. She faced away from fez and her dad not wanting to make it awkward.

"Signed up for cheerleading" Amelia mentioned making her mom look up from what she was doing.

"Really?" She asked not believing she actually did. She knew her daughter wasn't the type to join the cheerleading squad.

"Yes maddy begged me non stop and i just did it" even if Amelia was talking to her mom her intention was for fez to listen in as well and he was everytime she said anything his attention was already on her.

Now mrs. Gonzalez had a lot of opinions about her daughter cheering. First she thought if maddy was the one forcing her then why would she do it if it's something she doesn't have a passion for. Second she knew what it was like she could tell the type of life Amelia was building, the type of life she once used to live before she met Amelia's dad.

She would deal with cheering and dating the captain of the football team just to please her mother because she had that life. Now clearly that has changed.

Now she could tell Amelia ''don't do anything you don't want to do '' or "are you sure you want to do that" but she didn't want to be that type of person.

She wanted to let her try it out and if she liked it good and if not she could quit. Her goal was to let her find what she was passionate for and how she wanted to live her life. Not have her trapped like her mother had her trapped once.

"Did you get put in?"

"I didn't have to try out. I think they were just really desperate for someone. I start practice Monday and there's a game Friday" Amelia informs them.

"Oh Amy, we already have plans that day..."

"It's okay there'll be another game" Amelia replied, taking a bite of her toast.

Even if she couldn't turn around she knew fez was listening to her and part of her regretted walking into the kitchen.

She was treating him like he was nobody like if he was any other of her father's employees. She was sure he understood but it still felt awful.

Amelia's mom was looking between the two.

Amelia was acting like she hadn't spoken a word to fez a day in her life when she was just at his house because of me. She knew something was up, there was just way too much tension and she could tell.