Feelings hoped to be received

A/n: I posted this as well on my fanfiction account, I just want to post it here too because- people often read Wattpad a lot so.. yeah. Also, this is a one-shot story- meaning I won't be making any more continuation. Although I might make another one-shot that kinda connects this story to the new one (which is not posted yet).

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

February 14, is the day when most girls are fuming about. Filling the stores here and the malls there just to buy one single thing, chocolate. Yes chocolate, why? What's so important on that day specifically? "Valentine's Day" also called Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is celebrated annually on February 14. Apparently before that day came- a certain maiden with hair colored in auburn and styled in a twin-tail braid, confused whether to make handmade chocolate or not. Late in midnight time, she's still up standing there on the kitchen staring with a complicated expression at those ingredients she brought, including a heart-shaped chocolate wrapped in simple bluish design and a cyan ribbon on top that she bought.

"What should I do..? Should I just make one? I mean-.. It's easy to make chocolate but.. comparing it with an already brought chocolate that came from the mall might be better.. experts made those of course so.." sighed the girl and placed both of her hands on her hips side to side "Maybe.. yeah.. I should just go with the chocolate from the mall..!" clasped both of her hands slightly smiling.

Morning came, birds were chirping delightfully and the sun was shining brightly outskirts of town. Clear and serene blue skies were seen but seems that the maiden's thought isn't as clear as the sky would be. Wearing her usual uniform and her trademark hairstyle everything was normal, except she was carrying two small bags of red and yellow pattern design. Her thoughts were clouded not moving an inch from where she was standing and not noticing the students passing by her as she was thinking 'why did I just make a handmade chocolate..?' the girl who was paralyzed there like a statue is named Sakuno Ryuzaki, a shy- caring yet a kind-hearted person. She's a student of Seigaku Highschool and the granddaughter of Sumire Ryuzaki, which was the coach of a sports team called "tennis".

And on that same team- there was certainly someone that Sakuno had eyes for ever since then, the freshman and one of the regulars of Seigaku Tennis Club namely Ryoma Echizen. A skilled person in tennis which most of the people look up to the school, he has this cool glamour aura seemingly uninterested in everything except tennis- his favorite drink ponta and his lovingly feline cat. 'w-what am I being nervous for..? I'm just gonna give Ryoma-kun a friendship chocolate..! Yes- just a giving a friendly chocolate' even though she was saying that in her thoughts, she actually wanted to give him chocolate that's not something about "friendship" yet more of like letting him know her feeling.. confession? Perhaps- but her character wouldn't let her that, she was too timid and awfully shy about it.

She also had a bunch of chocolates inside her shoulder bag for everyone she's close with or made friends, friendship chocolate for them- .. so there's no need to think about anything else when giving chocolate to him as well. But.. why does she feel that her chocolate wasn't just for a "friend" when giving it to the prince of tennis? While she was on a deep thought, a red-headed lad spotted her there standing like a scarecrow and decided to speed up his pace leaving the person he was with, and within a second he called out waving his hand "Hi~ (with an American accent) Sakuno-chan~!" that snapped her out of trance wonderland and turned around- as he suddenly then hugged her.