Chapter 2: Catching Up

Start from the beginning

"Sakura, we must go back up and fix your make-up" she said grabbing Sakura's hand, and then glanced at Touya. "We'll be right back, you can go ahead to the back, I take it Yukito, Nakuru and more other guests are there" she added with a smile.

Touya nodded at Tomoyo then turned to his sister. "Make sure not to break anything valuable on your way up kaijuu. I hear you're still as clumsy as before" he told her with a grin on his face.

"I-I won't" she muttered, eyes twitching at what he had just said. He patted her head lightly before walking down the hall towards the back yard.

"I can't believe it, he hasn't changed a bit" Sakura said furiously at Tomoyo as they walked up the stairs. "I may have missed him but he is sooo annoying!"

Tomoyo giggled following her down the hall, taping her every move.

*****

"Good evening to you all" Rika's voice echoed through out the grounds of the field, making all the guests who were talking animatedly hush down. "Welcome family, friends, colleagues and other guests to the birthday gathering and debut of a very important person to all of us. Some of us may see her currently as a sister, a friend, and even a child through some people's eyes. But some of you who have worked with her family but have yet to with her, in the years to come you may see her as a future colleague, a future boss or even as a future queen of all Japan if Japan isn't a Parliament, don't you agree?"

The people who were listening to her speech laughed at this.

"On a serious note, we all know Sakura as the girl with a jolly attitude up until now that she has become a lady with beauty and class. Now, instead of me boring you to death about this extraordinary seeming girl, I would want you to meet her personally instead. Finally, introducing and presenting to you all, Kinomoto Sakura"

Everyone clapped and glanced around in hope to finally meet and greet Sakura. Friends, hoping to see her as she turned into age of womanhood, some, who were much older than her, were just eager to meet the new member to the business society and most probably will be the one to lead them to success, just as her parents and ancestors have done.

Hearing a beautiful and peaceful melody, everyone turned around to see the once empty stage, occupied by a girl playing notes on the large grand piano with her eyes closed. Some of the guests smiled at her, loving the wonderful tune of the calming melody. Some were enjoying themselves as well but was curious as to who the lady was.

*****

Fingers pressing lightly on the keys of the piano, Sakura was on the verge of crying. This was the very first song she had learned to play, a song composed and taught to her by her mother since she was young.

She had stopped playing the piano two months after the incident occurred. She thought it would be pointless to continue learning when there was no one there to be proud of you.

The past few weeks however, she had been paying Rika visits at her house so she may use her piano to practice just in preparation for this occasion. She had told Rika to never reveal to anyone that she had resumed with playing the piano to keep it as a surprise to many.

She smiled as visions of her family and friends gathered together for her 15th birthday drifted in her thoughts. Sakura had composed her very own piece, dedicating it to everyone she knew in thanks for being there for her. In the end, everyone cried, loving the melody the song had erupted that seemed to have touched their hearts. That was the first and last time she had played her own compositions to an audience for they seem to react differently than she would've wanted.