PROLOGUE

"We always tend to run away, because we're scared of the pain that might come."

***

They said that childhood sweethearts are just an extension of friendship, it was extremely developed with the attraction and curiosity of both young people.

It was a platonic kind of relationship that usually won't last long nor end in the short term.

Childhood sweethearts are really not in an official relationship, there was just a feeling inside of them that made their hearts beat so fast. It was a lovely feeling having this kind of relationship with someone, it was sweet, cute, very envious, and dreamy.

But once you step out, let go and enter adulthood, a lot of things change but the feelings will always be there.

There was a cute little girl sitting in a baby chair beside her mother, she kept mumbling baby words to get her mother's attention. "Mamm..mam...mamam!" She was releasing a steady stream of different vowels and a constant sound that was undeniably charming and so cute.

She kept shaking her little hands up in the air and tried reaching for her cream-white hat with a dog design on the side. The baby was very talkative, cheerful, and beautiful in her white little dress and ruffle socks, white baby shoes.

"What is it that you want Naivy?" her mother looked at her with the calmest smile she always had. Fix her hair and wipe her face before she kisses her chubby cheeks.

Without a word and just a mare stares in their eyes, Mother already knows what her daughter wants, she grabs the bottled milk inside her bag and gives it to the little one.

With a bubbly giggle, the baby drank the milk from her pink milk bottle. Her mom continued talking to her friends again and let the cute girl enjoy her milk.

The little girl seems to have her own world, as she cheerfully drinks her milk. She looks around as she silently enjoys her lunch. Then a little boy caught her attention, he was playing a soccer ball beside their table and as he actively played with the ball.

The cute girl got excited with the ball, moved her milk away from her small lips, "B-ball," she mumbled and with that, she threw her pink milk bottle towards the boy and accidentally hit his head.

"Ouch!" the little boy said and looked at her, she giggled, and with that, the boy, together with his soccer ball, walked towards her and stood in front of her baby chair.

The little boy pointed his finger to her and the little girl instantly wrapped her small palm around his finger and giggled. She tries to reach for his ball, the boy moves it away from her at first but slowly moves it close to her after.

He let those cute little fingers touch his soccer ball and suddenly he kissed the little girl's forehead.

"You're ugly..." the boy said.

*Arf arf*

Mabilis akong bumangon ng wala sa oras ng marinig ang malakas na pagtahol ni Toffie sa gilid ng kama. "Ahh!" inda ko sa malakas na pagkirot at pagpintig ng aking ulo sa aking biglaang pagupo.

Hinawi ko ang aking magulong buhok, bago inabot ang aking samalin sa side table ng aking kama. "Aray, aray, aray!" walang tigil kong sambit dahil parang pinipiga ang ulo ko sa sobrang sakit nito.

"Tangina, Gago ka!"

Sa kabila ng sakit ng aking ulo, narinig ko ang sarili kong boses sa loob nito at ang mga salitang sinabi ko kagabi kay—--.