"nevermind, i'll tell them you said no okay?" aera says.

"will that work?" jungkook says.

"i guess," she shrugs, "i'll go now— oh! riah's sister was looking for you."

jungkook chokes again while daniel snorts, laughing loudly and pats his friend's shoulder, "yah! stop talking about that!" jungkook scolds aera who just snickers, giving a high-five to daniel. "you jerk, you told her that didn't you?!" he kicks daniel, making him laugh louder.

"you've been here for almost fifteen minutes. how are they gonna believe that i said no?" jungkook says.

"oh right! shit!" she pulls away from daniel and looks back, sighing when she recieves some teasing looks from the girls and boys, while clay is giving a straight face that says she fucked up. she nods for him to manage and he shakes his head, shrugging as if saying it's too late now.

right when she's about to turn around, a frown creases her brows, watching them spinning the bottle again. it stops on jake and a cheer suddenly fills the air. the boy stands up, looking at aera and smiles nervously, heading towards her.

"what happened?" she asks going near him.

"i gotta kiss you," he whispers.

"you... have to... kiss me?" she repeats and jake nods, biting his lip, gulping nervously.

"or we both have to jump in the pool..."

"why me?! it's not even my dare!"

"because you're stupid and you took so long gossiping with your brother and his friend. so now this is the alternative. kiss me or jump in the pool with me."

aera stays quiet, staring at him and sighs deeply "where's the pool?"

"do you have something to... like, uhm wear over this?" he asks, nodding down at the dress she's wearing which both of them know will stick more precisely to her body once the fabric gets wet with the water. aera blinks a few times, shaking her head and grabs his sleeve gently.

"do you have any other idea?"

"uh well, we could act like we're kissing—"

"but not really kissing?" aera gasps, staring at him and he nods. "how?"

"first let's go away from your brother." jake mutters. aera glances at jungkook who is watching them carefully, making her sigh as she sends him a small smile.

"i'll go now, bye." she says waving at the elders and grabs jake's hand, following him to a place from where he believes jungkook won't see them, but their friends will. he takes a deep breath, letting go of aera's hand and stands awkwardly, ruffling his own hair, staring at his feet. "what now? how do i have to pretend? i have no idea wha-"

"stop talking first," jake hushes her down, standing close to her, his one hand on her waist and one still in the air, not knowing where to place it. aera blinks, staring up at him as he's taller than her, suddenly feeling her cheeks heating up at the proximity. she looks down, trying her best to stay calm while jake glances back to check who's watching and who's not.

"uh jake, do you really have to be that close?" she asks softly, having her hands hanging on her sides awkwardly, not having any idea what to do with them or why she even has them in the first place.

"i guess so," he mutters, "now listen, i'll lean down and you'll have to look at me. don't freak out, i won't kiss you. just stay that close for a few seconds. then it's done. cool?"

"yeah, okay..." she nods subtly, waiting for him to lean down as she convinces herself that it won't be that hard, and all she needs to do is to stay close. jake glances at her, tilting his head a little as he leans in, and aera's hand clenches into fists tightly, breathing nervously on having someone so close to her for the first time.