Laura was grateful John B didn't notice, because she wanted to figure out what had happened at the airport and not explain the whole her and JJ situation to him when he was in the state that he was.

Finally they were able to leave after a few minutes, hearing those same police sirens pass by them once again, in the same direction it came from.

JJ was first to stand up, dragging Laura up with him without meaning to. She held him back, waiting for the others to walk in front of them.

Kiara was the first to exit the warehouse, quickly glancing at the duo but looking away knowing they didn't want John B to notice. Pope followed quickly after, and then John B. Once they made their way a few feet, Laura started walking too.

The group mutually agreed to go to Kiara's house and drive her car, as it might be the safest option for the teenagers at the time.

Kiara drove while Pope and John B sat in the middle row and JJ and Laura in the back. Laura felt bad for not filling Briar in on anything, but didn't know if it was a good time to call her. Or maybe Sarah already told her, she thought.

John B still has yet to open up on the situation from not too long ago and about the blood on his hands. All he said was that Peterkin was dead. Laura could barely look at them without feeling incredibly sick.

After not too long of driving, they pulled up to the Kildare County sheriff's station. Laura sat up in her seat quickly, grabbing onto the back of John B's seat. She was very confused.

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" JJ asked before Laura had the chance.

John B sighed, "Someone has to tell them what happened."

Before anyone else had the chance to talk, Pope started practically coughing up a lung. Laura leans away from him, catching Kiara in the corner of her with an extremely confused face.

"Easy there, chief. Damn." JJ exclaimed.

He leaned over the middle row of seats, resting a hand on John B's shoulder. "All right. I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

Kiara scoffed. "Your old man's an abusive liar."

Laura pointed at her, as if saying she agreed with her, although Pope said the opposite. "I agree with JJ. Fuck the police."

"You going to the dark side now?" Kiara asked, quietly and sarcastically.

"When's the last time the police has ever helped us?" Pope continued on.

John B cut in before any more arguing could ensure. "Peterkin looked out for me, all right? Tried to, at least. They need to know."

He got out of the car, and Laura's gaze followed him all the way until he got inside. She sighed out, falling back into JJ in exhaustion. An arm rested over her shoulder as if it were the most natural thing in the world, as the blonde took off his hat and placed it on the girl's head. Kiara looked back at them confused, but the duo chose to ignore it.

Nobody talked as they awaited John B who was still inside the sheriff's station. They were all too incredibly anxious to do so. Especially Laura, since she had no idea what the rest of them were feeling, only her own feelings.

John B had never acted this way, and it freaked out a lot. Yes, he's had moments here and there, but the way he was acting since he came back with the blood on his hands is something none of them had ever seen.

Laura let out a breath, closing her eyes, waiting for her brother. But it was hard to relax as she heard her brother yell for Kiara to start the car in distress. Her eyes snapped open, sitting up from her spot against JJ.

"John B, what did you do?" Kiara asked, turning to look at him.

"The cops! Go!" John B yelled back.

Kiara started the car while panicking, looking out the window and back at the keys back and forth. Two cops ran up to the car at John B's door, trying to open it while he tried to keep it shut.

"What the hell happened?!" Laura asked, but got no response as Kiara started driving.

"Open it." Pope said.

John B listened and opened the car door causing the deputy to fall down into the dirt as they continued to drive off. And then once again, it was quiet as no one knew how to start a conversation on the events they just experienced.

Finally, Kiara was able to find a small shed with an overhang to park her car under, hoping nobody would be able to find them. John B climbed in the back with JJ and Laura, while Kiara climbed in the middle with Pope, so it looked like the car was abandoned.

Surprisingly they were all able to fall asleep that night.