01. a date

y/n was sat in the classroom during the music period with a pencil in her hand while reading a book placed on her table. she had a test next morning and took permission from the teacher if she could study during the period and he agreed. 

she was halfway through reading the page when the sound of the door being slid open reached her ears. she didn't bother looking up and continued scribbling down some important points until she heard someone stop next to her. 

 the familiar cologne invaded her nose and she immediately looked up to find yoon gwi nam standing next to her with a smirk on his face and his hands stuffed in the pocket of his trouser. 

"what do you need?" y/n said raising her eyebrows at him before turning her attention back to her book. 

"i'm asking again, wanna come on a date with me?"

y/n momentarily stopped writing and sighed deeply. there was no denying that gwi nam was handsome as hell but she couldn't overlook the fact that he was literally a bully over his looks.

"and i'm denying again." y/n answered without looking up at him. gwi nam rolled his eyes and pulled a chair for himself next to her. 

"come on y/n, this is the thousandth time i'm asking you out. why don't you say yes?" he complained.

 y/n met his gaze and sighed,"i just don't feel like going out with you."

gwi nam lowered his eyes and kept quiet for a while. he took of his name tag and placed it on y/n's book. 

"will you go on a date with me, y/n?" he asked softly making y/n look up from her book. she stared at him for a while to find him looking at her with pleading eyes. she had no idea on why he was so keen on taking her out but nevertheless she felt like saying yes.

she cleared her throat and nodded stiffly,"yes."

gwi nam's eyes lit up with joy as he stared at y/n in surprise. he couldn't believe his ears. "yes? oh my god! finally!" y/n playfully rolled her eyes at him and passed him a small smile.

"i'll pick you up at six. if that's okay with you." gwi nam asked.

"we can go after school." y/n suggested making gwi nam chuckle in response.

just in time the bell rang and gwi nam jumped up in joy. "let's go!" he exclaimed making y/n let out a chuckle at his excitement.

 "i need to pack up my books." y/n smiled and collected all her belongings before packing them up in her bag.

 she slid her bag over her shoulder and followed gwi nam out of the classroom. he grabbed her hand in his making a shiver run down her spine and a smile resting on her lips. he grinned at her and the two of them ran out of the school with a wide grin etched on their faces.

 "what do you wanna have?" gwi nam asked y/n once they were in the market. 

"i'm craving some pasta." y/n honestly answered with a smile. gwi nam nodded and the two of them walked to a restaurant which served international dishes almost for the whole day. the two of them settled down and the waiter came hurrying towards them.

"what would you two like to have sir?" the waiter asked politely, his gaze meddling between y/n and gwi nam.

"i want cheese pasta." y/n answered for herself when gwi nam encouraged her to do so.

"the same for me." gwi nam smiled at the waiter who wrote down the order and left.

 "i can't believe you literally said yes." gwi nam chuckled, playing with the tissues stacked on the table neatly.

"i can't believe it either." y/n admitted,"i wss surprised when you first asked me out. i didn't like the way you asked me out though and that was probably the reason i said no."

"what compelled you to say yes this time?" gwi nam raised his eyebrows at her.

"i don't know. maybe because you asked nicely this time by giving away your name tag." y/n shrugged with a mischievous smile.

"i should have realised that sooner." gwi nam scratched the back of his neck earning a small smile from y/n.

the waiter soon came back with the order and served the delicious pasta for them. y/n closed her eyes momentarily, enjoying the delicious aroma of the pasta which made gwi nam admire her relaxed face for a while. 

the two dig in, savoring the taste and chatting away happily about random things. gwi nam found himself admiring y/n at random moments while y/n found herself enjoying the date with him when she highly doubted it in the first place. 

a/n: vote and comment pls.