II

"I am home." Kicking off his school shoes and placing them properly in the shoe shelves, Shinji closed the door of his apartment behind him and enter the drawing room only to collapse on the sofa.

He kept his graduation certificate on the table and rubbed his eyes. Even though he did nothing in particular, he was still tired by the day's events. This was something he felt on daily basis. Monotonous routine work tends to do that to a person and his daily routine quiet easily fits the definition of monotonous. 

Getting up after a few minutes of relaxing his muscles, he grabbed the certificate before arriving at another room where two portrait pictures of a man and woman were hanging on the walls. He changed the previous incense stick with new ones and placed the certificate in front of another photo with the same man and woman. 

The only difference was that the woman held a toddler in her arms. Everyone looked happy in the picture. They were living the present freely without any care of the future.

"Hey mom, hey dad. Your son finally graduated.." He sat down on the floor, joining his hands together. Offering a silent prayer he continued. "All that is left to do is get a good degree from a decent university, land myself a normal nine-to-five job with promotion opportunities and good remuneration, get married, have kids and wait for my time."

He was pretty much sure his parents above would be disappointed in him. He has no big dreams or ambitions to pursue nor is he the type to work hard on his goals, if he had any in the first place. 

But for Shinji they are dead. He will not live his life trying to impress those who are not even alive anymore. HIs distant relatives? He does have a few of them but they are hardly bothered by what he does or what he does not, so there won't be an issue of them nagging him. Neither does he live or eat on their money which meant that he has no obligation to fulfill.

The black-haired teen got up after finishing his prayer, ending it by asking for their blessings. He then went to his own room to get changed. First he took out the contact lens from his eyes before replacing them with his regular spectacles. For him they were much more comfortable than lens. 

The only reason he wore lens today instead of spectacles for his Graduation Ceremony was to simply avoid them from getting damaged. The cheerful students who are sure of their career choices and future would definitely celebrate to their fullest and would randomly fire off their quirks to show it to the world. To be honest, a few students actually did that. 

What's with the insane excitement levels of the people in the super-human society? This is one such question better left unanswered.

Changing into his causal clothing which consisted of a long-sleeved blue-white T-shirt underneath a black-white jersey zip jacket and a blue slim straight jeans. A pair of normal sneakers replaced the school shoes. Grabbing the keys of the household, he walked out of the apartment closing the door behind him.

_____________________________________

A week prior

"This is your latest assignment.." A file slid from one corner of the table to the other. The person standing at the receiving end picked up the file, quickly reading through the necessary details. "The Commission has decided to eliminate this threat before it grows into a bigger problem than it is already is."

The person standing opposite didn't reply simply reading through the details of the target gathered by the Commission's informants. The person had to eliminate the target and could feel a sudden rush of excitement coursing through them. This is all for the greater good of the Hero Society, a job they took upon themselves.

It is their job to eliminate those who pose a threat to the society and could tarnish the image of Heroes. There are always those kinds of villains lurking in the shadows. In order to counter them, similar people who can work in the shadows are needed.