16 Sero Hanta

17 Kaminari Denki

18 Jiro Kyoka

19 Hagakure Toru

20 Mineta Minoru

21 Midoriya Izuku

Y/N tensed, looking at the last place. Her eyes shifted to Midoriya only to see him with a defeated expression, staring at his clenched fist. Her gaze shifted to look at Aizawa. 'Dad was serious at first about expulsion, but I hope he had has changed his mind after seeing Izuku's potential.'

"By the way, I was lying about the expulsion. It was a rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your quirks." Aizawa said confirming Y/N's thoughts.

There was an odd moment of silence before the entire class shouted. "WHAT?!"

Midoriya was shocked, his eyes and mouth agape.

"Of course, that was a lie. It should've been obvious if you just thought it through." Momo stated, but Y/N didn't go to correct her even though she knew she was wrong.

"That was a little nerve-wracking huh?" Sero said as a sigh of relief left his mouth.

"I'll take up a challenge anytime!" Kirishima said, raising his hand with determination.

"With all that, we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom, so when you get back, look over them. And Midoriya, have the old lady fix you up in the nurse's office. Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests, prepare yourself." Aizawa said handing him a slip before walking away.

_______

From around the corner, All Might was there waiting for Aizawa.

"Aizawa you liar!" He said making the said male stop and look at him.

"All Might, so you were watching? Too much time on your hands?"

"A rational deception, you said? April fools was last week. You punished a whole class last year with expulsion. You cut those you judge to be without potential without hesitation. For a man like that to take back his words-" He then pointed at him. "That must be because you also felt the potential of that kid, right?"

"His potential was not zero. That's all it was. I will always cut those without potential. There's nothing crueler than letting a dream end midway."

"So you're being kind in your own way, huh Aizawa? But we don't get along after all." All might said to himself, watching Aizawa walk away.

________

"I'm so tired......" Midoriya mumbled as he and Y/N were walking home. Y/N guessed it's because Recovery girl used her quirk on Midoriya to heal his injured finger which drained his stamina.

Suddenly a hand was placed on their shoulders making both teens turn back.

"Iida!" Midoriya said seeing the blue-haired male.

"Is your finger healed?" lida asked.

"Yeah, thanks to Recovery girl," Midoriya replied showing his bandaged finger.

"That's good to hear. And L/N-san, congrats on being first! You were amazing out there."

"Thank you," Y/N said giving a small smile making him slightly blush. Then he crossed his arms and said,

"I was really taken in by Mr. Aizawa, I even thought, 'this is the best of the best' and such. I didn't think a teacher would encourage us with a lie..."