A man whose his head was cloaked in white fabric which was Rex Lapis arrived.

Along with the the exiled boy. Whom he even treated as his own son.

"One might ask, who is that mortal?" Cloud retainer was surprised to see a human join them.

"Do not call him that, for he his is my sword and shadow starting this day."

Kenji crouched down and let a small dragonfall roam around.

"My name is Kenji, and started today i will be working you all to protect Liyue, i hope you treat me well." He bow as they surprised him to see that. Well he got accustomed to his old hometown.

Ganyu quickly hid behind her master's feather that made Kenji raised an eyebrow and asked himself if he did something wrong.

The 4 Yaksha's excluding Xiao surrounded him and asked various question. And even a duel to see if Rex Lapis was indeed not bluffing when he said he will be his sword and shadow.

The result was a tie.

Since after the archon war, the adeptus noticed that Rex Lapis is started to smile once again after he lost someone he trust. No to be precise. It was his beloved one.

The feast continued as they enjoyed until the end of the day. But Ganyu saw something off at this man.

"Mr. Kenji?" He approached the exile who was sitting at the top admiring the view of Liyue.

"Hm? What is it? And please call me Kenji." He wanted to drop the formalities since they will be colleagues from now on.

"How come everyone is smiling, except you?"

And so Kenji told her his life before coming here at Liyue. "That day, I couldn't smile, because i lost everything. My heart is nothing filled but void."

"I'm sorry, i was being insensitive." Kenji looked at her with tears coming down from her eyes. He sighed and answered. "Don't cry, it's not your fault." Now he felt bad making a beautiful woman like her cry.

"But Kenji, you must press on. Your family wouldn't like it seeing you down."

"Then, will you help me Ganyu?" Will you help me smile and enjoy life again?" His voice was getting dry, almost as he was mourning for a week.

"Yes, i will so starting this day, please let it all out..." She pat his back as he felt ashamed to himself to cry in front of her.

But he did so and he felt better. The following day Ganyu asked him to go and take a hike around Liyue.

Day by day, they had adventures and fight off the sudden spawn of hilichurls and Abyss mages. Having fun with her made the man smile once again.

Hell he even laughed after he saw a monster trying to eat her, but because of her waist being so fat it choked to death.

The end of the day he couldn't stop making fun of Ganyu, of her ass so THICC.

For 10 years the two grew closer that even made Cloud Retainer devised a plan of Kenji being her disciple's mate.

The activities of the Yaksha's was noticed by Rex Lapis, then he summoned Kenji to go and confront them about this.

"I'm going to come along with you."

"No, I'm going alone this time. I cannot risk you getting hurt Ganyu, sorry but Rex Lapis told me so."

Thus she felt down but Ganyu patted her head making her soft. "Don't worry I'll be back."

Leaving those words for 2 weeks there were no news of return and she was getting worried and wanted to search for him. But Cloud retainer stopped her from doing so.