14| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐓

Start from the beginning

Robby instantly whipped his head up, almost giving himself a whiplash and his eyes widened at the sight in front of him. His mouth was gaped open and Robby had a cheery smile, his whole body being astonished. Robby wanted to hop over the counter and engulf Lanie in the biggest hug ever, but he knew he would get in trouble, and he had to be on good behavior if he wanted to get out early.

"Oh my god, Lanie. Y-You're really here?"

"Yes, love. I'm here. My body is just that stubborn, it couldn't stay in the hospital any longer because it was eager to see you." Lanie let out a genuine smile, a tear almost slipping down her face at the sight of her boyfriend. "So are you going to give me food or not?"

Robby laughed at the humor he all too missed and poured the soup into her bowl before staring at his girlfriend up and down, seeing how healthy she looked.

Lanie looked around her surroundings for a guard and she saw they were distracted, so Lanie quickly leaned in and sneakily gave Robby a kiss on the lips. He was surprised at first but instantly kissed back, missing the comforting lips he needed to feel every day.

"Ahem." Both teens pulled away from her heartfelt kiss and turned their heads to see Johnny, waving his hand awkwardly. Lanie laughed at the older man while Robby glared at him for ruining the moment.

"I'll see you later, love. I'm going to go back to school now, but I'll be visiting you after school on Friday, okay?"

"Why can't you just stay with me now," Robby pleaded his tone acting like a child, making Lanie smile softly at him.

"Tyler is making me go back. Also, I want you to talk to your dad." Robby wanted to object, but he saw the desperate look in her eyes, so he nodded his head with a small smile.

"I love you, Robby. See you Friday."

"I love you more, sweetheart," Robby said while staring into her eyes with adoration. Lanie quickly pecked Robby's lips again before the cops could see her then she walked out the door, turning her body before she left, seeing Robby staring at her on her way out.

✧༺♥༻∞

Lanie was nervously fiddling with her hands, feeling anxious about going back to school in the middle of lunchtime. She assumed all eyes would be on her and in all honesty, she knew she would be overwhelmed, so she nervously fidgetted with the lavender-scented elastic band on her wrist, the smell instantly calming her.

Lanie opened the doors to the lunchroom, feeling like she was in a dramatic scene in a movie, but when she looked to find her friends, she saw that they were being scolded by Counselor Blatt.

Lanie was discreetly walking over to the table where she found her friends, but her cover was blown when people started to mutter her name then the sudden sounds of kids clapping their hands made all of the attention directed on Lanie.

"Thank you guys," Lanie muttered barely above a whisper. She was grateful for her wonderful and supportive classmates, but with all of the attention on her, the dreaded feeling of anxiety slowly rose to her chest, her vision playing tricks on her as it looked like the cafeteria was getting smaller.

Before Lanie could feel her anxiety burst out of her body, the soft hand of someone made their way modestly on her waist, directing her out of the crowded room.

"Hey Lanie, it's okay, honey, just breathe with me, okay?" Lanie still couldn't configure the person that was in front of her, but she did recognize that voice from anywhere. Once her vision started to clear and her breathing became normal, Lanie smiled at the person in front of her.