I scratched my head awkwardly, "I kinda ticked off the Northern tribe."

Iroh laughed, "I'll say. You also managed to stay somewhat neutral if you didn't go to the rally."

I sighed, "I wanted to go to support my people, but I can't support one side of the Watertribe. It wouldn't be right."

"And this is why you are the princess," Iroh said as he took my hand. 

"Because I want to support all of my people?" 

"Because you want to do what is right." 

"If only that was always obvious," I said sadly. 

Iroh touched my face gently, "don't worry about that right now." 

"Well, what do I worry about?" I asked smiling.

"Where you want to eat," Iroh replied laughing. 

Iroh and I found a variety of food at little food vendors scattered around the city, we were just talking about his family when I saw a blast. My eyes widened in horror as I realized where it was, "no."

I started running towards the chaos, "Yue wait!" Iroh shouted as he ran after me, but I was faster. When I arrived at the center everything was in flames. I joined the other water benders and dumped as much water as I could on the fire. 

"Princess Yue!" Voices shouted, I didn't say anything as Iroh joined my side and controlled the heat.

I looked up at the statue of Sokka, "this isn't going to end well."

***************

"Thank you for seeing me, General Iroh," Korra said as I stood between them. 

"What can I do?" Iroh asked. 

"The South needs military support before Unalaq wipes them out completely, but the President is refusing to give the order. So I decided to come to you directly," Korra said. "Well, with a little help from Yue that is."

"I see. Well, suppose I were to take the fleet South on some routine training maneuvers. And let's say we were to accidentally run into a hostile Northern blockade. We'd have no choice but to defend ourselves, wouldn't we?" Iroh asked. 

"I guess you wouldn't," I said smiling slyly.

"Thank you!" Korra said as she hugged us. 

"Swapping old war stories?" President Raiko said as he walked in. 

"Mr. President," Iroh said as he saluted him. 

"I hope you're not planning to take any military action without an order from your commander-in-chief?" Raiko said getting a glare from me. 

"Of course not, sir."

"Iroh and Korra wanted to talk more, wedding plans, how to get me back to the North Pole, things like that," I lied smoothly daring Raiko to challenge me. 

"Good. Because if a single vessel leaves this harbor without my say-so, you'll be court-martialed. Am I clear?" Raiko said looking at Iroh. 

"Crystal, sir," Iroh answered. 

Raiko turned to Korra, "your activities here are bordering on insurrection. The Avatar does not command the military of the Republic. Don't go behind my back again. As you were, General Iroh." 

I was fuming by Iroh's side enough that he grabbed my arm as Raiko left, "little pain in my-"

"I hate that guy!" Korra said at the same time I swore. 

"I'm sorry. My hands are officially tied," Iroh said. 

"I understand. Thanks anyway."

"But you should talk to the Fire Lord. My mother and grandfather have always been good friends with the Avatar, and the Southern Water Tribe. I'm sure they'll be willing to help," Iroh said. 

"Thank you, General," Korra said with a bow.

"We should get going," I said sadly.

Korra winked at me, which Iroh didn't miss at all. "You should stay here with Iroh, lots of wedding plans to figure out. Things like that."

I blushed, "Korra!"

***************** 

Korra left to go and speak with Mako, something about him being a bad boyfriend. I didn't want to be in the middle of their problems. "Yue, I was wondering if we could talk." 

"About what?" I asked confused. 

"The wedding," Iroh said. 

I smiled at him, "I thought you didn't like trying to plan it. Something about 'leave that to my grandmother, she's crazy about those things'."

Iroh laughed, "it's not that. I just don't want to force you into a marriage when you don't need to anymore."

"Iroh, what are you?" I asked. 

"I'm giving you a way out," Iroh said gently as he took my hand. 

"Why would I need a way out?" 

"Because you deserve to love the person you're marrying," Iroh said softly. 

I touched his face, "Iroh I'm happy with marrying you. How could I not be? I'm marrying my best friend." 

Iroh smiled sadly, "but is that enough?" 

"Why wouldn't it be?" I asked. Iroh was about to answer, but I gasped in pain.

"Yue, what's wrong?" Iroh asked concerned as I staggered. 

"Iroh, something's wrong," I said and then everything faded into darkness. 

**********

I woke to find myself in front of Avatar Aang, "what's going on?" 

"Korra must find herself again," Aang said and then he changed into Roku. 

"But why am I here?" I asked. 

"You will learn how the avatar came to be," Roku said and then changed into Avatar Kyoshi. 

"From this, you will eventually learn where your origins are."