Chapter Sixty Nine

Start from the beginning

My body was tired but it was weird, I was awake but I still wanted to sleep.

And then I remembered that today is a very special day - a long one at that.

It was my baby girl's 1st birthday.

"Chrissy," I whisper and smile as I look down at him, sleeping peacefully.

"Wake up baby, we gotta go make Nena's pancakes and sing her happy birthday." My fingers trail up his broad back, where the blanket had fitted only around his waist somehow during the night.

"Mhm?" He frowns and groans, eyes still closed shut.

"Is our baby's birthday..." I smile as the words fall from my mouth, something I never thought I'd get to say let alone let it be with the love of my life who also happens to be my celebrity crush.

Chris lifted himself up to kiss my lips, smiling when he realized what today was.

His hair was a bit messy and his cheeks were red like they always were whenever he woke up because the friction from the bed sheets irritated his skin which is why he always ended up on my chest.

He has his sensitive creams that he wears to try to help the redness and it helps, along with our silk sheets. But once in a while he wakes up like that, and I don't mind - I think he looks cute.

I love everything about him.

🧁

"Ready, sweetheart?" Chris asks me, as he held his phone - ready to record our baby's reaction.

I held the pancakes in my hand with one candle already lit up.

He opened the door, and Sienna was standing in her crib - squealing she was so happy to see us.

"Happy birthday to you...." Him and I sing, as Chris records her adorable reaction.

".....happy birthday to you....happy birthday dear Sienna...happy birthday to youuuu..."

"Yay!" Chris and I laugh and cheer her on as she claps her hands and was actually able to keep her balance without falling down on her butt.

"Happy birthday, my angel." I kiss her forehead, then Chris stops the video and slides his phone in his short pocket while he grabbed Nena and attacked her with tickling kisses.

Dodger was there too, at our feet as he carefully watched Sienna try to blow out the candle.

"Like this, baby." Chris says, demonstrating how to blow.

Sienna looked at her dad carefully, and put the dots together in her small brain and realized that we wanted her to blow out the candle. So she tried her best to do what Chris did and she almost got it on the first try if fire wasn't so strong.

Chris helped her on the fourth try, and when the candle blew out she tried grabbing it with her hand, but Chris quickly reacted and took her pudgy hand away.

I swooped some whipped cream on my finger that was on the pancakes and put some on her nose playfully and she giggled. I loved seeing her so happy, I wanted to give her the world - give her everything I didn't get growing up.

After singing happy birthday to our beautiful baby girl, we fed her pancakes in the dining room as her dad made her laugh with his goofy faces.

Even though she may have not been fully aware, Chris and I made sure to constantly tell her throughout the day that it was her birthday and she was 1 years old today.

We kept teaching her how to hold her pointer finger up to convey the message that she was that many years old today.

Our guests would be coming later today. So, I'd get Sienna all dolled up and ready after her afternoon nap - which is what she was doing right now in Chris's arms as he rocked back and forth in her room.