That didn't look like a friendship to me.

If this was a friendship, then somebody might as well kick me out of a window.

I put the photo back and pushed the drawer in and walked out of the room.

I couldn't look anymore.

I had been intruding into Arianna's privacy and I shouldn't have.

It didn't do me any good anyway, it only left me thinking.

I flopped myself back on the sofa and stared deeply at the blank telly.

I couldn't stop thinking about the photo.

The guy wasn't that much older.

If that note wasn't written there, I would have mistaken them as a couple.

That thought killed me.

I just couldn't see her being with anybody else but me.

She looked so happy and carefree. That was a good thing, but then also it was because of that guy.

Did I make her feel happy?

Did I make her worry because of my situation?

Questions like those flooded my head, leaving me almost teary-eyed.

The last thing I wanted for Arianna was for her to be unhappy.

She deserved everything in the world. And I wasn't sure if I deserved her.

My heart jumps a little as I heard footsteps coming closer outside the apartment.

My thoughts fade instantly, and my excitement almost completely makes me forget about the photo.

Arianna was finally home, and I wanted to cherish her every second I could without any worries.

The door slowly opens, and my eyes see the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

Her long, wavy brown hair flowing as she moved, her eyelashes fluttering, revealing her hazel-colored pupils.

She steps in and looks up at me, a smile spreading upon her face.

"Wow, Niall. You're not chewing on anything." She teases.

I laugh and watched her walk in and pull off her shoes, then she walked towards me.

I look at the bag she held in her tiny hand.

She smiled, handing it to me, and I accepted it, and sat it down on the table by the sofa.

"Are you not eating?" She looks at me and then at the bag that now sat on the table.

"Come here, beautiful." I smiled, extending out my arm, wanting to hold her.

"Niall." She rolls her eyes.

She flips her hair onto her back and sits beside me, letting me wrap my arm around her small frame.

"It seems like you've been choosing me over food lately. I feel special." She giggles into my chest.

I let my other hand stroke her soft, brown hair and kept my other arm wrapped around her.

Her arms are folded, resting on my chest.

I held the tiny body into mine, wanting to be her only comfort.

I keep silent, thoughts climbing back from the back of my head that I had tried to forget.

"What's the matter?" She whispers, moving her head up to look at me.