That was the night everything changed for me. The night I was bitten by what I could only assume was a fucking vampire.
The night I almost died.
As I stood there, next to my beloved sister Vex, our friends at our side as we were arrested, I was terrified. I didn't know it yet, no one knew it yet. But as Vex whispered for me to grab my daggers, I couldn't. I was frozen there, I couldn't do anything. I felt so helpless. I wanted to curl up in a small ball hugging all my friends, not throw some knives and pray we could escape. Blood still dripped from the corner of my mouth, a temporary reminder of the excruciating pain of Syras's bite. There was still a dull throbbing in my neck, even though Pike had healed it. Vex elbowed me in the side, and I winced internally. "Vax, can you hear me? Answer me god damnit!" She whisper-yelled. I have a slight nod to acknowledge her. I could almost feel the anger and shock radiating off the others, but the one I could actually feel was the waves of uncontrolled rage and panic rolling off of Percy. I sighed as the image of my dear friend nearly killing the poor coachman was re-created in my mind. I could feel his emerald green eyes set on my back. "Vax..." he whispered. Why did everyone want me to do something? We were all powerful, why couldn't Keyleth or Grog or Vex or Pike or Scanlan even do something? "I'm sorry." He murmured. I froze, mind taken off of the guards surrounding us. I gave a silent, small grin. I knew he wasn't just apologizing for blaming me(who could barely fight at the moment mind you,) for the Briarwood's escape. He was apologizing for all the times he'd scolded me for no reason, bullied me, scared me, and made me feel like I was worthless. But an apology wasn't going to cut it. I ignored him, sucking it up and reaching for my daggers. That was when we were all grabbed and dragged inside, not giving us a chance to react.

***Time skip I'm lazy***

After we were sentenced to house arrest until we could prove our case, we arrived back at our keep and I immediately flopped down on my bed face first. Everyone slowly questioned me, invading my room and making me claustrophobic. "Vax, what did you find?" Scanlan pestered me. "Vax, are you sure your ok?" Vex and Pike kept asking. Grog said nothing, just looked on sadly. "Vax, I can tell somethings wrong, what is it?" Our sweet Keyleth asked. Vax this, Vax that, Vax Vax Vax. "Shut up!" I yelled suddenly, my ears ringing with their questions. The all looked at me in shock, I wasn't one to yell, but I was so...angry, and I didn't know why. Percy began ushering everyone out. Other than Grog, he was the only one who had the decency to stay silent. "Everyone out. Yes, even you Vex. He nearly died, he needs to rest, and be left alone." I blinked at Percy gratefully. He gave a small nod and then I was alone. Alone to sleep and alone to think. I pulled out the book I had taken from the Briarwoods' trunk. I examined it for a second before my vision filled with yellow. I cried out and threw the book, vision returning to normal. What the hell was happening to me?

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for reading. I know but was short and I promise the chapters get longer(eventually). I haven't watched the 4th episode yet, so I'm sorry if anything is off or wrong. But mind you this IS and au, I make the rules😈