11| 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

Start from the beginning

"Did I hear my name?" Robby asked as he held his girlfriend close to his body. Lanie looked up at him and sweetly kissed his cheek before turning back to face Johnny.

"Yeah, we were talking about how you should cut that hair of yours," Johnny said sarcastically, making both teenagers chuckle as well.

"Well, that's not going to happen any time soon." The trio continued to make small conversation and it was going smoothly until they heard the sudden knock on the door with a distinct voice accompanied by it.

"Johnny? Johnny, come on I know you're in there. I saw your car outside." Lanie's eyes widened as her hand was clutching onto Robby's forearm tightly, her heart palpitating out of her chest. Johnny told the teens to go into the other room and they complied, closing the door a little quicker than intended.

Both teenagers stayed silent as they heard loud abrupt sounds on the other side of the door. It seemed as if houseware was breaking and the sounds of an unknown object shattering, made Lanie look at Robby with a look of worry laced in her eyes.

"I'm going out there." Before Robby could protest, Lanie was already out the door to eventually be met with a very angry Daniel and a petrified Sam who held her arms close to her chest. Lanie comforted the girl by putting a hand on her shoulder and instantly comforted her. Daniel looked towards Lanie and his eyes widened in surprise and fury.

"Lanie? You're here too? How come you didn't call us where Sam was?" Daniel spat at Lanie with anger. The girl was stumbling on her words, the angry tone of voice initiating a painful memory from her past.

" Mr. LaRusso, I-I didn't mean to-"

"Save it. And you-" Daniel pointed towards Robby who held Lanie's hand out of instinct. "If you want to end up like him, that's up to you."

With Daniel's angry words, he took Sam with him and angrily slammed the door, making Lanie jump in her place slightly. Robby noticed how tears were gradually forming in her eyes and he instantly wrapped his arms around her, Lanie hugging him back tightly.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart. Don't cry."

✧༺♥༻∞

Lanie was holding the crumpled paper in her hands which had her schedule in it and she weaved through the halls of the school to find her locker. She ran into Sam and she instantly apologized to Lanie about her father which she gladly accepted, knowing that Daniel was just saying those words out of anger.

Turning the wheel multiple times to try and open her locker, Lanie finally opened it after the fifth time. She unzipped her turquoise backpack and put polaroid pictures of both her and Robby on the door of her locker, smiling at the fond memories.

"Excuse me? I'm new to this school, can you help me find Ms. Santino's class?" Lanie turned around to see her boyfriend with a playful smirk on the edge of his lips. Robby leaned in and pecked Lanie's cheek gently before admiring her school outfit. 

"Sorry lover boy, hate to break it to you, but I'm new to this school too," Lanie said with the same tone of voice as Robby's, but her facial expressions slowly became gloomy, reminiscing on the memories back at Johnny's house.

"I feel terrible for doing that to Sam. I was the one who said we shouldn't go to her house and now look what that did." Lanie looked down at her feet in shame but then felt Robby's thumb tilt up her chin.

"Hey, look at me. None of that was your fault. Don't blame yourself, sweetheart, okay?" Lanie nodded her head before Robby leaned in and gently pecked her lips.

"Robby, I need to tell you something." Robby gave Lanie his undivided attention and before she could say anything, the bell rang, abruptly interrupting the conversation.