Cedric's NEW Apprentice

Start from the beginning

                    The next day, Freya spied on Sofia and saw her wearing a pink dress and purple robes, similar to Cedric's, and the hat Cedric had magicked for Sofia the previous day. Not wanting to look out of place she copied Sofia's outfit except for the hat and made her own robes blue and her inner dress mint green. 

                   Cedric at first did not understand the wardrobe change until Sofia came into the workshop. Sofia tidied up the workshop first and Cedric mixed up the potion. However the potion zoomed up to the ceiling in a giant glowing ball and exploded into confetti. "Are you done with your potion yet?" Sofia asked. Cedric grumbled, "I'll finish it later.". 

                      Freya's face clearly stated that she disapproved of royals learning magic and having  a wand. Freya slow clapped when Sofia successfully turned a rock into a ruby. Then she remembered Sofia was in the same class with Amber and James, and wondered if they were struggling with the spells as well. "Hey Mr Cedric, can I leave first since you're busy with Sofia?" "Yes sure I don't see why not." just then there was a knock at the door. 

                   Baileywick entered. "Cedric, Freya. Sofia, what are you doing here?" "Learning magic." Sofia answered proudly. "How wonderful, you'll have to teach Cedric some when you're done." Baileywick said. "Very funny Baileywick, what do you want?" said Cedric. "King Roland needs you right away.". Cedric gulped, "The king?".

                   Outside, Freya, Cedric and Sofia met the king and queen. "Sofia, how's the apprenticing going?" asked Queen Miranda, "Great mom, Mr Ceedric is really helping me learn my magic spells.". King Roland told Cedric and Freya that there was a very important visitor coming to stay; King Magnus. The king explained that Magnus was always bragging about how great his kingdom is so he wanted the castle to look its very best. "Could you maybe transform those gloomy old gargoyles into something more inviting?" he asked. 

                   Cedric was really nervous. "O-o-o- oh of course your majesty! How about g-golden horses? I know just the spell!" "Great!". Cedric got his wand from the bag Sofia was tasked with holding. "Aero aquisium!" Cedric chanted, but instead of turning one of the gargoyles into a golden horse, he turned it into a small living flying horse that flew away yelling "I'm free whoooohooo ahahahaha!". Freya giggled. King Roland said, "Aw, Cedric, you were supposed to transform the gargoyles, not bring them to life." Freya thought Cedric actually did both. 

                    "Oh my apologies sire I'll get it right this time!" Cedric said. Roland however dismissed him. "Not every royal sorcerer can be as talented as your father.". Roland asked Freya to give it a go. Freya made a "If he didn't manage to do it how am I supposed to know?" kind of face, but flipped through her books and found the spell. However instead of turning the gargoyles into golden horses she removed them all entirely. "Okay, I think it's pretty good for my first shot at transfiguration magic." Freya commented as she flipped through her book. Roland however dismissed her and said it was decent enough. 

                    Freya wore an expression of surprise as she was dismissed because she, like Cedric, couldn't get the spell right first try. As the royal adults left Sofia looked at the two magic users sympathetically. Sofia swept the workshop. "Sorry your spell didn't work right." she said. Freya read her books with a dark look on her face while Cedric grumbled that Sofia missed a spot by the potion cabinet. "So your father was a royal sorcerer too?" she asked. Freya looked up from her book. Cedric said, "You haven't heard about Goodwin the Great, the greatest royal sorcerer who ever waved a wand? Saved your grandad's life nine and a half times!" "I'm sure you're just as good as he was.".

                       The little witch commented, "Well he hasn't needed to save anyone's life." "Not even once, not even half!" added Cedric. Sofia in her sweeping knocked into the potion cabinet and the glowing yellow lizard potion fell to the floor, enveloping Sofia in blue grey smoke and changing her into a small purple lizard. "Woah!" Freya said in amazement, picking a scared-looking lizard Sofia up. "Cool. Can I keep her?" Cedric said, "Nonsense! Put her down." "Aw.". Lizard Sofia squeaked in terror as she was placed on the floor again. "Don't worry, stay right still." Cedric said as he took out his wand. Then he said to Freya who was flipping through her book, "You rely on books too much." then changed Sofia back to herself.