CHAPTER TWO [FREAKING OUT]

[two months later... the day of Quackity's wedding]

I walk down the hall of the wedding venue. My shoes tip-tap in the empty, echoing corridor. I'm not dressed for the ceremony yet since Alex asked me to arrive a little earlier. I was planning on changing later in order to stay comfortable for longer.

I can hear the tapping of shoes, but it doesn't register what it is until I run smack into somebody.

"Sorry." I awkwardly laugh as I grab the bag I dropped on the floor. It has the extra bubbles wands I was supposed to give to Alex's mom before the wedding began. Jess wanted them for the send-off, but Alex forgot to buy them. It's okay because Jac came to the rescue, as I always seem to do.

"It's fine." The guy chuckles. I glance up to meet his muddy green eyes.

Something seems oddly familiar with him. I don't think I've ever seen him before, but something is telling me that he's someone I should know.

And I must be right because he's giving me the exact same look, except that he seems to already know from where.

"Jac?" he asks hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

He laughs at my cluelessness, and that's when it all hits. The wheeze-like laugh, even in a small increment is undeniably someone I know from my computer screen.

"Oh my god, Dream," I say with a laugh. "Hi."

Dream and I are friends. I wouldn't say we're the best of friends in the entire world, but we play games online and share mutual friends. I say that's close enough to put him in the friends category.

"Hey, how are you?" he asks, amused by my reaction of recognizing him.

"I'm good. Just dropping some bubbles off." I hold up the bag in my hand.

He glances behind him as if he's searching for something. "Alex's mom was looking for you actually. She's around here somewhere"

"Thanks., I'll go find her." I give a wave before heading in the direction he looked.

I peer around the corner. Two women stand next to each other in front of the altar. One is shouting orders while the other, shorter one stands off to the side quietly.

The one yelling orders walks over to a flower arrangement, and the other one turns towards the door with a sigh. A smile spreads across her face when she sees me.

"Jac!" She opens her arms to give me a hug. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"Hi." I embrace Alex's mom. "How are you?"

"Good. Good. Little stressed." She gestures to the room around us, decorating nicely. It's all Jess' mom, the woman that was giving orders. She made it her duty to make sure this went perfectly, and in all honesty, I have no doubt in my mind it will be.

"I'd imagine." I laugh a little before handing her the bag. "I got you the bubbles."

"Oh, thank you!" She takes it from me. "Alex had one job, and he completely forgot. I don't know what we're going to do with him."

I smile with a shake of my head. "Jess will set him straight."

Alex's mom's smile fades just a bit before tightening into an almost-forced grin. "Well I sure hope so."

I put one hand on her shoulder. "It'll be fine. He's happy with her."

She nods. It's not a secret to me that Jess wasn't his mom's favorite person in the world. She just thought Jess was a bit too high strung and stuck up. Her words not mine.