Yuta was pretty sure Hiyori's prowess when it came to making sweets stemmed from being raised by their sensei who had the biggest sweet tooth Yuta had ever seen. Hiyori spoiled Satoru just as rotten as she did the first years with packed sweets and a bento to go whenever he went on a long mission.

One time, when Yuta was getting water from the kitchen in the middle of the night, he caught his sensei hunched over the opened kitchen refrigerator eating all the strawberry daifuku Hiyori had made earlier that day. That image of his sensei's gangly form hunched over eating daifuku with the moon being the only light shining into the kitchen haunted Yuta's nightmares sometimes.

"What's got you in such a good mood today, Yuta?" Panda, who was munching on some toast with Hiyori's homemade strawberry jam, asked just as Yuta entered the kitchen. Yuta smiled.

"It's a nice day today" He replied. It wasn't exactly lying. It was a nice day today but that wasn't the real reason why he was in such a good mood. There was no way he was going to reveal to his friend that the reason he was in such a good mood was because he was thinking of Hiyori.

Speaking of Hiyori, she was nowhere in sight. The rest of his friends were there, sitting at the kitchen table, eating toast with strawberry jam and sipping their choice of morning beverage but Hiyori wasn't.

"Where's Hiyori?" Yuta asked, looking around in confusion while going to pour himself a cup of coffee.

"She went on a mission" Maki replied. Maybe he was just overthinking it but Yuta thought the tone she gave him was kind of cold like she was upset with him.

"Left at around 4 A.M." Panda chimed in.

"Takana"

"Oh..." Yuta had been hoping to see her this morning but it was alright. He would see her later today when she returned.

Yuta was wrong.

He didn't see Hiyori at all that day or the day after.

Two weeks

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since Hiyori had come to class.

Yuta stared at the empty desk next to his. Ever since that day, he gave her that flower, he had started seeing Hiyori less and less. She was on missions almost all the time now. Sometimes she left early in the morning, before Yuta woke up, and came back late at night when everyone was already asleep. Other times, she left at night and came back in the middle of the day only to leave again shortly after. He had tried to wake up earlier at around 5am in hopes of seeing her but she was always already gone or still asleep. In the past five days, Yuta had only spoken to Hiyori once and that was to say good night before she went into her room and most likely collapsed on her bed.

Yuta felt a sense of loneliness even though he was with his friends. They hung out and talked but it wasn't the same without Hiyori around. Everything felt a lot quieter even though it probably wasn't. Yuta didn't like it at all. He missed Hiyori. He missed her smiles. He missed talking to her. He missed her food. He missed her laughs. He missed everything about her. She was always either on a mission or asleep in her room.