"You don't like anything that involves Regulus." you established for him, turning to your side as you nudge Regulus with your elbow, "Stop staring." you whispered, cocking your head towards your back to where Lily was.

He looked at them for one second, before blinking away and turning his head to you, his movements too precise, too calculated. His chest raised with a big breath, "What exactly are we waiting for?" he asked.

You laughed softly, seeing as James walked out of the same room Mia had walked in with three boxes in each arm. You looked at him, Regulus turning as your eyes focused over his shoulder, "Breakfast." you said, standing to help James, taking some of the boxes from him.

"We should be gone." he argued, taking one of the boxes from you and slapping it in Sirius' chest while taking the other one from your hand. He stared at it, reading the label, "No one should have these many cereal options." he said, placing it on the counter.

"Dad loves them," James said as Remus got the bowls from the tall shelf he couldn't reach, "Loves going to the stores Muggles go to do their shopping."

"Grocery stores." Lily said, turning to Regulus "Besides, you can't go look for the locket on an empty stomach."

He narrowed his eyes, "I've had coffee." he said matter-of-factly, making you snort as you placed a bowl in front of him.

Lily smiled too, the action reaching her eyes as she poured cereal in her bowl, raising her green eyes to look at him, "That is not even the start of a breakfast, Regulus." she chuckled, passing the cereal to Peter who was making grabby hands at her.

Regulus tilted his head, an amused look on his eyes as he blinked rapidly in her direction.

"What are you doing?" Sirius asked, gathering the attention of everyone around the counter where you had settled, glancing between him and his questioning look at Regulus.

You took the box in Regulus' hands, giving it to James who had a waiting hand stretched in your direction. "Leave him alone, Sirius." you said, turning to face a confused and empty handed Regulus "That one has cinnamon, you don't like it."

He hummed, looking up from his hands "Do you have any idea what I have achieved with just a cup of coffee, Evans?" Regulus asked, taking your bowl from you.

Lily turned to him surprised, spoon in her mouth. "Great things I'm sure," she said after, "But I'm sure you were at Hogwarts then, which meant less worries, less responsibilities and more hours of sleep. When was the last time you got any of those?"

You smiled smugly, eating from Sirius' bowl as you got too lazy to get another one yourself.

Regulus stared again, his clean spoon pointed at Lily "Touché." he whispered, getting the first spoon out of his cereal.

*******

"Stop drinking coffee." James said as he entered the kitchen again, taking the cup from the counter, "You'll be a shaking mess if you keep it up."

Regulus only stared up for a brief second, slamming his hand on the counter to hold the piece of parchment the cup helped hold straight. "I'm already one." he muttered, continuing with his writing.

The sound captured James' attention, making him walk to the side as he tried to get a look on what he was doing. "What are you writing? Is it a note?" he asked, moving his head in time to Regulus' hand that tried to cover his handwriting.

Regulus turned sharply to him, holding his gaze. "Would you stop?" he asked, getting a chuckle from James at his frustrated look. "What's so funny?" he asked, folding the note and placing it inside his replica of the locket.