Walburga didn't hesitate to slap the side of Regulus' face "What have you done?" she asked, infuriated.

Regulus refused to rub his face, the red skin on his cheek growing quickly as he licked the inside of his cheek, turning his head slowly to her. "Care to be more specific?" he asked slowly, opening his door as he walked inside.

"You've ruined everything." she said, following him inside as she pushed the door open on her path "Outing Sirius as a blood traitor, letting them escape, protecting that mudblood!"

"Careful with your words, mother." he warned, turning on his spot with a glare, successfully silencing her. He stood taller, looking at her with fire in his eyes "Do you really believe Sirius would have bowed to your will to work for the Dark Lord like you intended?" he asked, the roles inverting themselves as Regulus became the superior being. Walburga, as dangerous as might be, looked rather small before him. Regulus shook his head "As ambitious as that might've been it was nothing but wishful thinking."

"I had the girl-"

"And that was your first mistake." he cut in, his voice turning dangerously low "Bring Y/N here, might as well keep it from me or don't lure Sirius to a trap. But you forced me to bring her here and then Sirius. Your first mistake, mother, was to bring the only thing, the only person, that could bring Sirius and myself together. It was your trusted puppet and the rogue child against you. You stood no chance."

Walburga dropped to the bed behind her with wide eyes, her anger long buried by the shock "What do you think you're doing?" she asked with hardened eyes.

"What you've always taught me to do." he said, never lifting his eyes from the leather satchel opened on his desk "Do what has to be done." Fitting one single book inside, a jumper too big to fit him and two silver chains. He hung it on his shoulder and across his body, turning his body to the side as he walked past his mother.

"Regulus." she called. Of course she was close on his heels, her steps an echo of his own. "Regulus, stop this very moment. Where do you think you're going?" she asked. He ignored her. "Regulus!"

"Would you stop!" he yelled, turning to her in frustration "You should be proud. I'm doing exactly what you've always dreamed of, the Dark Lord's will." he said sardonically. His arm was pulled forcibly back, making him turn to face her as her hand was in the air again. He stopped it this time, catching her wrist just beside her head.

Her head snapped to his hold on her wrist, bursting with fury as she tried to get free of it "You're not doing such a thing." she said disgusted, "You have protected that girl all along, not once being true to our cause. Where is your loyalty to our blood? Where is your loyalty to our family?"

He dropped her wrist with force, taking a step back with a bitter smile "Where is their loyalty to me?" he asked.

"What?" she whispered, stunned.

"Sirius has always been a lost cause." Regulus stated, "Still you always overlooked me, underrated me. It's you, you and father alone have ensured that the lineage of the most ancient and noble house of Black ends with me." he shook his head, a triumphant smirk growing on his face "I could have given you everything you wanted, but you focused too much on where you failed. Now I have found everything I wanted elsewhere."

"You think he'll take you in?" she asked, following him "The Dark Lord will not have you if you care for that mudblood! If I found her he will too, and he will not be as merciful as I have."

"Then I should thank you for the training." he said, just answering to keep her busy "No one will find her. Not because of me."

"You have no chance. I'll tell him myself."