He was starting to rapidly lose his patience. His eyes held rage inside them, his body tense as he gave you one single warning look. He hated how much you had changed in the short time you had spent separately, how much your movements resembled James', how your words had Lupin's wit laced between them, and how you had taken Pettigrew's defensiveness as your own. Sirius had brought a more reckless version of yourself to the surface and he did not have the time for that.

"Maybe if you stopped screaming and started thinking we could get out of here sooner with our minds and bodies intact." he said, fisting his hands as he glared in your direction.

Your eyes widened in defiance, marching from the door right to where he was standing. Your hand connected with his cheek in a raw sound, his face turned to the side as he licked the inside of his cheek, blinking away the desperate anger surfacing him.

"Feel better now?" he asked in a growl.

Your face twitched, a rain of emotions contorting your features as you finally settled in a void look. "I'm getting tired of your threats. But I do feel better."

He finally turned to you with a sharp breath in, stopping himself as he ran his thumb over his lower lip, he glanced down to look at the pad of it, a drop of smeared blood there. "You have made us both bleed today, you need to stop."

"That's all you keep telling me." you screamed "Stop, stop, stop. I'm not stopping until I'm out of here with Sirius by my side, so you better open that door now before I kick it down myself."

"And then what?" he questioned "Mother is an experienced witch who won't hesitate to use any spell on you, she has Sirius as leverage-"

"Don't forget to mention an awfully loyal son who would betray his best friend and his brother just because mother said so."

"Just- listen to me." he said, dropping to the couch again. He sat on the edge of it, elbows over his knees as his hands desperately tugged on his head. "I don't know how much time we have until she comes to get you, or me, or both." he said, his voice low as it came from his lowered head in between his arms "We need a plan to get you out that will keep me here without mother suspecting any-"

"I'm not leaving without Sirius." you stopped him.

"Merlin," he murmured, lifting his head as he stared at you "For once in your life, could you be a little selfish?" Your face remained unfaced, as his. "Sirius has gotten out of here before, I'm sure he'll manage again." he argued, pointing a hand in the door direction.

"I'm not leaving without him." you repeated.

"Fuck." he whispered, his palm going to cover his mouth as he stared at the fireplace "None of you were supposed to be here."

"Funny you say that, as you're the reason we are here in the first place." you chuckled darkly, sinking on the couch just across from him. "I'm sure we ruined all your plans." you murmured for yourself, not expecting his answer at all.

"As a matter of fact, you did." he grumbled, grabbing a dried petal from the small table as he threw it into the fire. "I had every step I needed to take sorted out." he whispered, the dancing flames of the fire reflected on his eyes as he kept on thinking. "I thought you hated me, why did you listen to any of the words in that letter?"

Your jaw fell in a perfect round shape, making you lean forward in your seat "You must be joking." you said in disbelief, pressing your lips together as he avoided to look at you "You really are that stupid."

That captured his attention, his gaze shifting painfully slow to you "I can be anything but stupid, so you better watch you words."

You didn't answer. Better moving up from the couch with a permanent glare in your face "I don't know how it is for you, but for me, when your best friend asks for help you do everything you can do to help them. Even when you would rather drown than be in the same space as them."