Sirius rolled his eyes, blowing air out of his mouth with a dismissive hand "Not the same." he declared "Besides, they're not even code anymore. We yell those names across the halls like they're our actual names. Even Y/N knows them by now."

James just bit his lower lip, looking down "We should really be more careful with those." he whispered.

"We should get Moony." Sirius said, jumping off the counter.

"What did I just say about the names?" James muttered, moving so Sirius could walk past him "And what's moony even going to do?" he asked.

"I don't know." he whispered desperately "Help look for her. We should get Peter too. And Lily, she knows around here."

"Sirius, she walked out of here, she wasn't kidnapped."

Sirius laughed, turning to James as he pointed a finger at him "You underestimate Regulus." he said with half a smile, the fear in his eyes settling.

James' mouth hanged open, tripping over his own words "What are you even thinking he's going to do to her?" he asked, leaving all humor aside "Regulus asked Y/N to meet him, he used a code so only her would know it was him. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound so dangerous." He watched for all of Sirius' reactions, seeing as the corner of his mouth twitched up in what appeared like a bitter smile forming. James bit the inside of his cheek, glacing once again at his friend "Maybe we should just wait for her to get back."

Sirius scoffed, grabbing an apple from the counter as he threw it from hand to hand "If she gets back." he said in a low voice.

James just turned his head with a groan "What are you so scared about?!" he asked desperately, looking at Sirius for answers "Really? What could Regulus do that would make her not come back?"

"I don't know!" he snapped "I don't know, okay. I have a bad feeling about this."

"About your brother reaching out to her best friend for help?" he asked with a laugh "I don't know, seems kinda familiar."

Sirius groaned, moving from James' side "Now you sound like Y/N." he said with a shiver.

"Thank you." James said, "But you're avoiding my point. What scares you so much? Because if you ask me I think you're thinking too much about this, she is not going back to her best friend and leaving you or something like that. She is coming back."

"I didn't ask you." Sirius mumbled with a glare, turning to James with the tilt of his head. "And it's not that." he defended himself, " Regulus would rather die than ask for help. I know because I have seen it, so what is this?" he motioned his hands in the air.

With the shrug of his shoulders James catched the apple that Sirius had thrown in the air, placing back on the counter "A change of heart? I don't know." he tried to explain, his own mind working to come up with a solution "He ran out of options." he said, placing his hand flat on the counter.

Sirius shook his head "You don't know him. He would never do it."

"I do know him." James whispered with a frown, looking down to his hands.

"What?" Sirius asked.

James' eyes snapped up, rolling his shoulders back with a small smile "Not like I have been there for every letter or conversation you had with him. Besides you would get on long rants about your family, I basically know him."

"So you see what I am saying?" Sirius asked more hopefully.

"Uh- not really." James said with an apologetic tone.

"Regulus spent too much time and effort trying to stay away from Y/N to now write to her." he explained in an attempt to make James understand.

With a tired look in his eyes and pursed lips he just heaved out a sigh "I'll go get Peter and Remus." he gave in, shaking his head as he turned to exit the kitchen, muttering under his breath.