"Dear, just ask her already so I can have a chat with my daughter without you cutting me every minute." your father said.

Your mother gasped, turning with an offended look on her face "I did not such a thing." she excused, turning back to you with a smile "But now that you insist, when are we meeting the lucky one that captured your heart?"

Your eyes widen instantly, gathering your hands that have been resting over the table on your lap and under the table. Your father turned with equal surprise, glancing in between you and your mother. "What?" he asked, settling his full attention on you.

Your mouth opened, the mix of all the words you wanted to say getting stuck in your tongue leaving you speechless and frozen in the spot.

"Y/N?" your father called, looking at you "What is your mother talking about?"

You smiled nervously, chuckling under your breath "I thought she would've told you by now." you breathed out, playing your most innocent face. "In my defense my letters are addressed to the both of you, it's not my fault she keeps them all to herself."

Your father tilted his head, a knowing smile on his face "Tell me what, darling?"

Your face resembled the one who just got a taste of something bitter, turning to your mom who looked like a child seeing the Christmas lights for the first time. You let out a long sigh, looking down at your hands as you avoided their eyes, spitting the words as fast as your tongue allowed you to "Imightpossiblyhaveaboyfriendnow."

Your mom squealed in excitement, the words captured perfectly in her brain as she turned to your father. "What was that, darling. I didn't quite catch it." he said, enjoying the red on your cheeks a little too much.

You groaned, throwing your head back "Don't make me say it again." you mumbled at the ceiling. Sitting right once more, your father was smiling, the raise of his eyebrow making you put on a blank face. You muttered under your breath, looking down as you gathered all the courage hanging out with four Gryffindors left on you. "I have a boyfriend, okay?" you said as firmly as you could, lifting your face to see his reaction as you said.

He lifted his mug to his lips, placing down as he kept his chin up "A boyfriend?"

"Yes."

He hummed, nodding his head slowly. "And who is this new boyfriend?"

Before you could answer, your mom placed her hands flat on the table, raising from her seat as she went to the fridge from where she got a white envelope "I assume," she said as she handed the envelope to your father, movements too quick for you to read as you stretched your neck with no luck "It has to do with certain Mr. Potter."

"What?!" you and your father exclaimed at the same time, your father lowering his gaze to the envelope. "Euphemia Potter." he read, glancing up at you before he got the letter out, reading the lines superficially as his eyes scanned the handwriting up and down. You stared in shock, waiting for your father to finish. "I must say I'm impressed." he muttered, and you looked at him expectant of his next words "I would have never thought James Potter was your type."

"Y/F/N!" your mother exclaimed, but you placed a hand on his arm before she could say anything else.

"He's not." you said before they could go any further with this mistake "My type or my boyfriend."

Your mother pout was unmistakable as she turned to you "Then why is her mother inviting you to her home for the summer?" she asked.

"What?!" you asked, eyes bulging from your face as you reached your hand to your father. He placed the letter on your hand form across the table as you practically snatched it, reading quickly.