"I didn't know she was mad at Sirius." Peter defended himself, whispering as desperately as Remus did "What did he do?" Remus turned to face Peter, shrugging his shoulders as he turned at you. "Y/N." he called, making you raise your head with a frown set deep in your face. "What exactly did Sirius do?"

You groaned, letting your shoulders fall as you threw your head back "See, I am overreacting." you said in defeat "He was talking to one of his friends, but they were too close and all over each other."

"You mean Marlene?" asked Peter, making you tilt your head.

"No, I know Marlene, this is another girl."

"Dorcas." Remus added with a confident nod.

"Nope."

Peter shared a look with Remus "Mary?" he asked hesitantly.

"I know Mary, this wasn't her." you said, they opened their mouths to talk but you cut them off "It also wasn't Alice or Lily."

"Well, shit." Remus mumbled after a while, getting Peter to lower his face as they all stayed silent.

"I mean, he is allowed to have friends. I just didn't know that he would treat his friends the same way he treats me, you know? I'm surprised, that's it."

"I know another word." Remus said after a minute of silence.

You dropped the tray that you held in your hands, a menacing smile on your face as you met his eyes "Don't you dare say it, Remus Lupin."

"You're in denial, then." he said trumphly, leaning back against the wall.

"I am not." you said back, raising your eyebrows as you continued mindlessly preparing the last of your cookies "And I'm also not jealous." you stated, very proud of being able to say it out loud.

But Peter and Remus' giggles brought you back from your own head "That's not how it looks from here." Peter mumbled.

"Your eye is almost twitching." Remus added, making Peter's laughter grow more and more.

You groaned even more, letting your head fall on your hands as you laughed sadly against your palms "I hate you two." you grumbled, lifting your head to see them laughing harder at your miserable state "And I hate your stupid friend." you added, throwing a piece of dough in their direction.

Remus' quick reflexes allowed him to dodge it, making it land on the wall behind him. "We love you too, Y/N." he said, Peter agreeing shortly after.

"Sadly for you, she's got a boyfriend." Sirius said, a wide smile on his face as he threw his arm over your shoulder. You rolled your eyes at him, shaking yourself out of his hold as you moved to the oven, missing the hurt look on your boyfriend.

You heard the low whistles behind you, the soft rumble of Peter and Remus jumping off the counter as they moved "That's our cue to leave." Peter murmured, reaching his hand across the counter to grab something for him.

"Good luck, Pads." Remus said firmly, patting his back as he stood on the door next to him "You'll need it." Two soft pats on his shoulder and he was out of the kitchen, Peter following close behind him as he whispered his goodbyes to you.

You wished them both goodnight, getting the last trays inside the oven. You humming being the only sound that could be heard over the silence, Sirius staring at you carefully and with caution.

"You're upset." he finally said.

You sat down, patiently waiting on the cookies to cool as you stared up at him "What makes you say that?" you asked.