"We should hang out sometime." she suggested, a light smirk on her lips quickly wiped as her eyes fell on you. She suddenly sat back down on the wooden bench, her arm dropping behind Sirius. Your gaze stayed on her for a moment, a smile too bright for it to be genuine making its way in your face as it finally dropped with the menacing look on your face. Sirius had seemed to finally finish his rambling, turning with a confused look on his face towards the girl who didn't answer to then follow her eyes, his face lighting up as he saw you there.

"There you are!" he said happily, standing from his seat as he kissed your cheek quickly. You just stared at him, arms crossed over your chest as you made no move to kiss him, a tight smile on your face. "I was about to go look for you, see if Minnie was still standing after grading your project. How did it go?" he asked, pulling you to sit next to him, right in between him and the girl who seemed unable to move.

"Great." you said shortly, taking a deep breath as you gathered your hands in your lap "But I do have some other things to do before the day is over," you told him, standing from where he had dragged you to sit "Besides, I wouldn't want to interrupt, you seemed rather busy." you said, looking between them as the smile never left your face.

Sirius frowned, his eyes tuning to the girl "Emma and I were just saying our goodbyes." he said, throwing his arm around her shoulders as he smiled. You nodded your head a little too enthusiastically, placing your hand on his shoulder with a soft squeeze from you "I'll see tonight?" he asked, standing from where he sat as he reached his hand to hold yours, making you stop in your tracks.

You purse your lips, tilting your head as you ran your tongue over your teeth, turning in his direction "Astronomy tower." you confirmed with a nod, your eyes moving briefly over James who had a wide eyed look on his face as he stared at you. Sirius said something but you didn't hear it, letting go of his hand as you turned in your place, your hands closed into fists as you marched out of the Great Hall.

You knew your relationship with Sirius had gone too smoothly. Something finally had burst you out of your made up bubble.

*******

Remus Lupin had an ability to be at the wrong places at the worst possible hours. His last day at Hogwarts for the fifth year was no exception as he sat next to Peter in the kitchens. The loud sounds of hands hitting the table enough freeze him and his friend in place as they munched over the freshly baked treats sitting in front of them.

"I'm over reacting, right?" you asked, getting your hands deep into the dough for the next batch of cookies you were preparing.

Peter had noticed you had a routine of going to the kitchens to bake when you felt stressed out or needed to let your emotions flow. That's how he had found himself countless nights since he had met you there, sitting by your side as you rambled and he listened, with the advantage of getting the first try at everything you prepared. He knew he could count on Remus to go get some after dinner treats if he caught him in the right mood, however he never thought about the small detail that your emotions and rambles now included his best friend.

They both smiled tightly, holding cookies on their hands as they nibbled on the soft texture. "You're definitely not overreacting." Peter was quick to say. When Remus didn't answer he turned to him, seeing him lost in a piece of chocolate you had handed him the moment you saw enter the kitchen. "Right?" Peter asked through gritted teeth, pushing his shoulder against Remus'.

"Right." Remus said automatically, not even registering what he just agreed to as he took a bite from his chocolate, his eyes dancing between Peter and you. You started to mumble to yourself, maneuvering the dough with your hands as you moved your attention from the two boys before you. "What did you get ourselves into?" Remus whispered in Peter's direction, a little panic dripping from his voice as his eyes remained on you.