Today, the imperial edict had been announced to the whole world. An Emperor's words were sacred. Once the edict was released, there was no turn back. Acknowledging the missing Crown Prince was a national matter and not something the Emperor could have done by his will alone.

These days, the imperial court must have been in turmoil. Behind the curtain, Li Chengjing, Yang family, the cabinet ministers, and even the Emperor himself must have fought several rounds. What people saw today was the final result after the dust had settled and the fight was over.

No wonder she hadn't seen him these past few days. He must have been extremely busy.

Cheng Yujin was dazed for a long time. Although the impact was great, everything had become established facts, and Cheng Yujin had no choice but to accept them. Besides, she didn't think that this matter was bad for her.

She just couldn't believe that a golden pie was really falling from the sky, and happened to fall on her hand.

For the first time, she looked at the role of the Crown Princess from her own perspective. Although Li Chengjing had been living in the capital for more than one decade, he only made his real comeback in the past few days. The fanfare following his return was not small. His experience was far more bizarre than any other imperial scandal. It was farfetched enough that screenwriters didn't even dare to write such an unbelievable plot. It was conceivable that the Crown Prince would become the focus of both civil and military officials and even the common people in the capital for a long time.

At this timing, the Crown Princess was naturally pushed to the front stage along with her husband-to-be. Compared with other popular candidates prepared for the role since childhood, the present quasi Crown Princess Cheng Yujin literally popped out of nowhere. Before Li Chengjing came back, the second prince was the Crown Prince in everything but name. Many people had secretly guessed which family's daughter would be lucky enough to be the second prince's wife.

Some people even speculated. Yang family had produced one Empress and one Empress Dowager. Would they produce another future Empress?

Many people had secretly guessed which family's daughter would be lucky enough to be second prince's wife, but some people speculated differently. Yang family had produced one Empress and one Empress Dowager. Would they produce another future Empress?

There was no girl of the right age in the Yang family. But Yang family's eldest daughter, who was also Empress Yang's elder sister, had a daughter named Dou Xiyin, whose age was just suitable with the second prince. However, some people had a different opinion. Yang family had already had two empresses in succession. No matter how soft the Emperor's temper was, he would never let another Yang family woman be the second prince's main wife. Therefore, under such an analysist, other women had a higher winning rate.

There was no shortage of high officials and noble clans in the capital, and there was definitely no lack of ambitious people. Many people had been educating their daughters since childhood, trying to be contrarian and harboring the ambition to replace Yang family as the next imperial father-in-law.

However, no matter what those opportunists thought, Yang family certainly preferred their own niece to outsiders. Moreover, Dou Xiyin and the second prince were maternal cousins, and the girl was often summoned to the palace by Empress Yang and Empress Dowager Yang. She had plenty of opportunities to get along with the second prince, and her starting point was obviously much higher than other candidates.

Dou Xiyin was extremely proud of this fact. Every time she attended any social events, she always flaunted her close relationship with the second prince. The young misses who secretly competed with Dou Xiyin were all fuming inside, but there was nothing they could do.