💙💚Subtle💚💙

If you followed Kiazuki and Maroshi around for a whole day, you'd be surprised to find out that the two were dating.

Kiazuki was still her crass self around Maroshi. Maroshi was always relaxed to the point of oblivious around. There were no kisses, no I love yous, they barely even held hands. Combined with their very different personalities, had led to some surprises when the two had confessed to secretly dating to their friends. In fact, pretty much of the reminders of their relationship came from Hanazuki, their overly enthusiastic supported. Nothing about their relationship seemed remotely romantic.

And that was just how they liked it.

Neither Kiazuki or Maroshi were big on sappy romantic stuff, and they were even less fans of the fuss that surrounded it. Thus most of their "dates" took place off-moon, where no-one could bother them (much to Hanazuki's dismay). In many ways, it was like their relationship was still a secret.

Not much happened on their dates anyways. They mostly just talked about whatever was on their minds, none of which was ever romantic sounded.

These simple conversations meant so much more than it appeared to them. Kiazuki was a incredibly private person, but when it came to Maroshi, talking about her feelings somehow became ten times easier. Maybe it was because he knew he wasn't judging, maybe it was because she knew that he could keep a secret, maybe it was because they'd been friends for so long, but whatever it was, it had led to some emotional revalations that even Hanazuki hadn't been able to draw out of her.

Maroshi wasn't a private person, but he was a passive sort of a person who often set aside his own intrests in order to help his friends. Not only was it nice to be the center of attention for once, but Kiazuki allowed to express some of the feelings of frustration that he normally held back for fear of upsetting his friends. In fact, Kiazuki took his side more often than not. While Maroshi sometimes disregarded her advice due to the fact that she had a tendency to be somewhat overprotective of him, it was nice to have someone validate his more negative feelings, since he kinda felt somewhat guilty about having them.

He got angry at Kiazuki too. Sometimes they even got into arguements. And although Kiazuki hated having people disagree with her, she had to admit that after the fact, it felt amazing to be pretty much the only person that Maroshi was comfortable yelling at. It was like a hidden side of him reserved only for her.

Maroshi enjoyed seeing Kiazuki's more gentler side, as well. Sometimes, when they were alone, she'd run her hand through his hair . It wasn't much, but it was very soothing, and it was only for him.

But from the outside, the emotional weight of these actions was lost. Maybe they looked slightly closer than their other friends, but they certainly didn't look like lovers.

But that was okay by Kiazuki and Maroshi. After all, the last thing they needed was a bunch of people mobbing them, telling them just how cute they looked together.

Their love didn't have to be huge, with large romantic gestures. Love is subtle, too.