King of My Heart

A/n: Hi everyone and welcome to my first imagine in this book! I will format the imagines in the same way unless someone wants me to add a certain informational thing about the imagines. Anyway, if you want to make a request, please comment on the first a/n of this book.

Setting: 11x22 Rossi's mansion

Plot/Prompt: After a tough case, JJ convinces you to confess your feelings for Reid. Only someone beats you to it.

Request: No

Words: 1265

Warning(s): Just pure fluff. Enjoy!

It was the middle of May, spirits were high among the team as we stopped a bomb from going off in a highly populated city. Rossi had invited the team and Jack, Will, and Henry for dinner at his mansion. It was a celebration of sorts and also an opportunity for all of us to meet Hayden, Rossi's ex wife whom they rekindled their relationship.

The night air was cool, as spring was soon ending but it was still nice. Tara, Spencer, and I decided to ride together to Rossi's mansion since it would be easier to not crowd his driveway and all of us walk up to his door. Tara and I's heels clicking against the concrete.

"I don't know if I've said it yet, but you both look amazing," Spencer compliments as we arrive at the door.

"Thank you, Spence," I smile as Tara rings the doorbell.

"You don’t look too bad yourself," Tara adds.

The door opens to reveal Rossi and who I'm assuming to be Hayden.

"There they are! Please come in," Rossi greets, "Spencer, Tara, Y/n, this is Hayden Montgomery."

The three of us step through the threshold and say hello. Tara shakes her hand and greets her in French.

"Vous parlez francais tres bien, madame," Hayden says, looking impressed and whispers to Rossi, "she's my favorite so far."

Rossi lets out a small chuckle and guides us to the yard, "This way."

As we step into the cool night air once more, lights are strewn everywhere and there's a big table out on the stone tiling outside. Garcia is entertaining the kids, Hotch and JJ are talking as Will is no where to be found, Rossi is with Hayden, and Tara and Spence head off in their own directions.

Once the kids notice Spencer, they call out his name, "Uncle Spencer!"

I smile as I see him having fun with them and Garcia.

"He is so good with them," I hear JJ's familiar voice from behind me.

I turn around to look at her, "Yeah he is. It's a wonder how he's not a father yet."

She laughs, "I guess the fact that you both are still so clueless of your feelings for each other can get in the way of that."

I smack her arm, "You know we're just friends, JJ."

JJ sighs, "Y/n, you need to tell him. It's been about eight years now and you both aren't getting any younger."

"I don't know Jen, I just don’t want to ruin anything," I confess.

She places a comforting hand on my arm, "Trust me, Y/n, you won't ruin your relationship with him. If anything, he's just as smitten as you are with him."

I nod, "Okay. I'll see what I can do."

"Auntie Y/n! Auntie Y/n! Come here!"

I look around to see Henry and Jack waving me over.

"Looks like I'm being summoned," I say to JJ, laughing, before I walk over to the group.

"What's up you guys? You having fun?" I asked.