𝟕.𝟏𝟐 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

With a shaky breath Y/n gasped. Harry could not believe it. The hand in his palm was no longer limp and cold but instead soft.

Y/n groaned in pain and her e/c eyes fluttered slightly. Her face turned slightly so that her eyes first met Harry's. From those eyes came a sense of home.

In the early dawn her eyes are the dew, scattering the nascent rays, ever illuminating the boy's soul. Her eyes spoke in emotion, the language of the soul.

She was alright. Or she would be. Harry would make sure of that.

Hermione sobbed harder as Y/n sat up slowly. She pulled her best friend into her arms. Tears stained Y/n's shirt, but Y/n merely smiled. Ginny shoved Ron away and crushed into Hermione and Y/n with a force. The three girls laughed.

When Y/n pulled away she wasn't given a break. Ron grasped her shoulders making sure she was real before hugging her tightly.

"I missed you" he whispered. Y/n's smile widened.

"I'm glad you admitted it"

Harry let himself be pushed backward as others crowded around the girl.

Sirius caressed Y/n's face with gentle hands. "My little girl. I love you." And he too hugged the girl whose eyes were filling with tears slowly but surely.

One by one others filed up to her. Fred and George made their princess promise to never leave them. Thomas wiped his tears away from embracing his friend. McGonagall, thought tired, rushed up to the girl and clutched onto her as if she was temporary. Y/n had to assure her that she was real.

Harry had moved out of the crowd at this point. Draco a little farther from the group as well. Y/n approached her cousin after attending to the people all around her.

"Miss me?" she asked him.

"Never do that again" said Draco firmly before pulling her into his chest.

"Didn't plan on it" mumbled Y/n into his shirt.

Finally, Y/n turned to Harry. Harry steps forward slightly. Any control Y/n had over herself flew out the window. Before she could draw in the air her body needs she melted into his form. Y/n could feel his firm torso and the heart that beats within. Harry's hand are folded around her back drawing the girl in closer. The warmth of his body meets Y/n's cold skin, giving her hope like he always did.

He pulled his head back and wipes the Y/n's tears with a calloused finger, even the roughness brings Y/n more relief than her heart can hole. He was real.

Harry can't quite believe that Y/n isn't a part of an almost forgotten dream. But she isn't. He kissed her. It's sweet and gentle.

Harry wants to speak. He wants to say so many things, but all he can do is croak, "Don't go, not again."

Y/n's mouth paints a soft smile and she nods once before folding the boy in her arms again.

.....

Dumbledore had apologized to Y/n and Harry. Harry wasn't angry anymore. Sirius wasn't either. He was apologetic to Remus.

Everyone was truly happy after a long time. It wasn't a temporary happiness either. It would be permanent.

Dumbledore had fixed Hogwarts in a few swishes of his wand. The broken arches were back to their prestigious and antique selves.

Sirius had decided to head back to the Noble House of Black, an idea that Mrs. Weasley immeadietly stomped on. She declared that everyone would come to the Burrow.