Quietly screaming inside

Start from the beginning

He chuckled. The chuckle was truly evil.
The harbinger crouched down and picked up his hat.
After dusting it off, he placed it on his head again and sent me an evil smirk.

"You could have cooperated from the start you know. But since you declined my offer, I guess I'll have to tend to other methods." He said.

"What do you want with my core, don't you have anything better to do with life?" I asked him, I could feel that the question tensed him up.

I smirked. "You don't have anything better to do with life?" I gave him a sly look.

I could tell he got angrier by the second.

But as I slowly realized my eyes widened.

This guy I'm not a human.
He doesen't have a pulse nor heartbeat.

It's almost as if he's completely empty, like a walking... doll?

I clicked together everything my sister told me about the shogun, the balladeer, the shoguns puppets.

"You're the prototype for the puppet that the electro archon uses as the raider shogun..." I said, as I had realized the situation.

My own heart went faster.

This guy...

He's the one who knocked Aether out... the one my sister saved Aether from...

His angry expression disappeared and his own smirk started growing.
"It seems like you finally understand the situation you're in." The balladeer said.

"I indeed wish to become a perfect example of a real person." He said.

"And I trust you know what I need to do that." The balladeer said and he slowly started walking towards me.

I slowly backed up and held the weapon infront of me.

Sweat started running down my face. I think I could feel my arms shiver. He radiated of creepy puppet vibes.

Without any more doubt I slashed my katana trough the air, sending a pyro attack towards him.

He quickly dodged it and jumped backwards, making the space between us bigger.

With the few seconds of time I had bought I put my mask on.

I quickly turned my heels and was about to transform into a fox and get the fuck out of there.

But before I could I felt cold metal wrap around me.
Cold, small, metal strings.

Some of them twirled around my arm, where I held my katana and kept my arm still.

Some held my legs still causing me to be unable to move.

The metal wrapped around more parts of my body, such as my torso, thighs, neck and arms.

The metal was completely unbreakable. I tried as hard as I could to dash out of them or break them down but I couldn't, they didn't move an inch.

So I did the only other thing I could do.

"XIAO!"

I shouted his name.

But just as his name had went out of my mouth I felt the worst pain I had ever felt in a few millennia.

I screamed in pain as I looked at the balladeer in front of me.

His hand had pierced my chest and it was moving inside my torso, looking for a certain thing.
Tears fells down my face.