gwen?

"should i?" ned asked mj. they were standing in ned's dining room.

"yes! it'll be hard to find peter on our own. just make the portal." she urged.

"okay, okay." he turned towards an area of open space in the room. "i just wish we could see peter!" he said as he made circular motions with one of his hands, while he held the other straight out. there was a small flash a yellow and orange.

"ned."

"yeah?"

"do that again."

"yeah."

he did the same motion, "i just wish we could see peter!"

suddenly, a large, orange-ish portal appeared. on the other side of the portal was an alleyway.

in the alleyway was none other than spider-man.

"i have magic.." ned gasped.

"ned. is that him?"

ned looked away from the ring to the portal. "yeah, yeah, yeah. it has to be."

"peter!" mj called. "peter!"

"hey, peter!" ned yelled. spider-man turned around and cocked his head to the side a bit at the sight of the portal.

"c'mon, quick!" mj yelled. spider-man ran slowly towards the portal and jumped inside.
suddenly, there was a shriek from behind them. it was ned's grandmother.

"what is he doing here?!" she yelled. "how did he get in here?!? what is that?!" gesturing towards the now disappearing portal.

"oh! hi! hi— no, no it's okay, it's okay, it's okay! i'm a nice guy!" spider-man yelled as he pulled off his mask.

he looked different. he wasn't their peter. he had longer, messier hair. he was a bit darker, and had a longer and thinner head shape. his suit was also different. it was spandex, not the iron spider suit.

"who the hell are you?!" mj asked as she pointed at him.

"i'm peter parker." he replied. he held both his hands up. "i'm spider-man, in my world. but then yesterday.. i was... i.. i— i was just here"

mj threw some bread at peter.

"what was that for?!"

"to see if you had spidey-senses," mj replied, grabbing more bread.

"yeah, i do. but to sense danger not—" she threw another piece. "bread."

"okay.. that doesn't prove anything though."

peter sighed. "fine." he jumped upwards and with one hand, he hung from the ceiling. no struggling. "there? is that enough proof?!"

ned's grandmother started speaking. ned translated. "she's asking if you can get the cobweb over there," he said, pointing to the far corner of the room.

peter sighed, again. he took his mask between his teeth, pulled himself upwards, and climbed along the ceiling over to the cobweb which he quickly got rid of before dropping down onto the ground.

"phtere ifs htha—" he groaned and took his mask out of his mouth. "there, is that enough proof?"

"for now." mj said, lowering her hands. she turned towards ned. "so. should we try again?"

"uh huh. yeah. again. i just wish we could see peter parker!"

another portal opened but it was behind ned. it was dark, however you could see the silhouette of a man there. behind him was a view of the city. the empire state building was visible. the man walked over to the portal before stepping inside.