Jennie leaned forward to look at the paper and curiously looked at Soojin "How do you know that? Some of those exits are only known to royals" she asked.

Soojin cleared her throat uncomfortably "I just know a lot about castles" she said vaguely.

Jennie nodded but you can practically hear the gears in her head running. I'm sure she'll discuss her thoughts with me later.

"Someone is informing the Longfords about everything that's happening, they wouldn't be here suddenly if they didn't know we were planning something" Soojoo suddenly said.

I nodded "We'll find out more when the meeting is over if we're lucky we'll find out who that is. The only clue we have is they're most likely a woman because those are the only people who knew" I said.

We continued discussing until it was almost time for our meeting.

"We need to go" I announced and they all nodded.

We started to pack our stuff and started to walk towards the door. I looked back at Soojin and Soojoo "Stay safe" I said before leaving with the Princess on my arm.

While walking Jennie spoke, "Do you trust Soojin?" She asked.

"My father does, and that's enough for me to trust her" I replied while still looking around in case of danger.

She stopped to face me "Why? What's the story?" She asked curiously.

I sighed and spoke while we continued walking "We only started getting close but my father knows her well and told me a lot of stories about the kingdom she came from. She came here with Lisa as a refugee. They were the only two people saved before their kingdom was burnt to the ground. That's also the reason why they're the only women who are knights because they were already knights when they came here" I informed.

"Soojin did a lot of missions with my father and she proved herself to be a great warrior and very trustworthy" I continued.

Jennie nodded "But didn't she lose her title as a Knight?" She said.

I nodded "My father didn't tell me why but he said that it wasn't Soojin's fault. I guess no one wants to talk about it. I'm just glad that Soojin is helping us now" I said.

I turned to Jennie and saw her biting her lip slightly "Just be careful Jisoo, she might be hiding something. No one ordinary person knows the castle's secrets" She said in thought.

I just nodded. What could I really say? I trust Soojin because of my father and I know she's a good person even with her dark and mysterious vibe but what could I possibly tell Jennie to make her believe that Soojin is on our side.

We walked towards the castle for the dreaded meeting. We walked silently with our brains going on overdrive. A lot can happen today and we have no idea if we could survive it.

I have been in a lot of battles, I've also been to war in the Ruins where we went home victorious. But I've never been to war with physically powerless people, like Jennie.

I just hope I could keep her alive. I'll do anything even if it kills me.

We finally arrived at the castle and slowly entered. This is it

A guard opened the door to the meeting room where we were greeted with the King and Queen and my father.

I guess the Longfords haven't arrived yet.

Jennie went straight beside her parents while I went and stood beside my father.

"What's happening?" I whispered to my father.

I heard him sigh "I don't know but I don't have a good feeling," he said.

I guess we'll just have to find out.

The door opened again and we were greeted by the Westbrook family.

My father nudged me "You should sit beside Chaeyoung, we need to make this as real as possible" he whispered.

I nodded and went straight to Chaeyoung. She looked behind her and saw me and greeted me with a smile, so I smiled back then I sat beside her.

Somewhere in the room, I can somehow feel a glare. I looked up and saw Jennie glaring at Chaeyoung but Chaeyoung was clueless, she was busy talking to her mother.

I can't help but enjoy Jennie's jealousy a little.

Then finally two guards came in and instead of wearing armor with red accents, it had yellow.

The Longfords are here.

~~~~~
Royal Rose gonna be end soon, only few chapters are left.
Don't forget to vote & comment 😊