"Hello class!" Mr Rite skipped into the room, waving his hands in the air. His honey blonde hair bouncing off his bold shoulders.

A few people said "hi", "good morning", "what's up", but I just sit here staring out into the greyly tinted sky, the clouds drifting slowly along. Rain drops sliding from the windows. It was all sunshine and rainbows a minute ago and now it's rain clouds and treacherous winds. But I've always loved the rain. How it feels and how it is irregularly formed when the water droplets crash onto the road or footpath. I love the earthy smell of it and the sound of it pitter pattering on a metal roof. Like the time when I was younger, me and Jake-

"Earth to Miss Woods, is anyone home?" Mr Rite snapped me from my thoughts, waving his paint covered hand back and forth across my face.

"Huh?" I sat up straight. I heard a few giggles and whispers; as to "freak", "weirdo". I shook my head and looked up at Mr Rite.

Mr Rite smiled and walked over to his desk,"I was just telling the class, that you need to pick out a piece of paper from the hill billy hat and on that piece of paper is the name of your work buddy. For the year."

I looked at him startled,"But why can't I work by myself."

"Indigo, we've had this discussion last year. You know that you need a partner for these assignments." Mr Rite furrowed his brows and looked at me but eyed and concerned, raising his pencil out from his little bun that sits on the top of his head.

I shrugged,"Yeah."

"Okay good, now wait your turn to pick a name from the hat." Mr Rite gave me his best encouraged smile. Mr Rite walked around the room hovering the hat over people's heads for them to pick out a name. I nodded and sat there watching a pair of girls get overly excited about being partners. The paint covered bucket hat made its way around the room, to a pair of boys who fist pumped each other, to another pair who groaned and gave each other dirty looks, then to me.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply then stuck my hand into the hat. My fingers fidgeted around in the hat until I pinched out a piece of folded paper. I took my hand out of the hat and unfolded the paper; Dylan. I've never heard of a Dylan. I looked up at Mr Rite,"Who's Dylan?" I asked clearly confused.

"Oh, Dylan O'Brien," Mr Rite chuckled and stood up at the front of the class room,"Sorry folks, this is Dylan. He is new." Mr Rite pointed across the room to a brown haired boy who sat at the back of the classroom with a highlighter in his mouth and was highlighting and writing notes down hurriedly. Dylan didn't look up, he just kept doing what he was doing. "Dylan." Mr Rite half shouted. But Dylan didn't seem to notice his existence. Mr Rite crumpled up a blue piece of paper and with his best aim he threw it at Dylan. It bounced off his head and Dylan looked up startled.

"Huh?" He looked around the room, making people laugh.

Mr Rite chuckled,"I was just telling the class, how your a new student Dylan and everyone needs to make you feel welcome."

"Oh, argh yeah..." Dylan mumbled because he had now two different coloured highlighters in his mouth.

"Dylan, you are Indigo's partner." He said, referring back to me with his hands gestured to my face.

"Okay." Dylan nodded and half smiled at me. Great, now I'm stuck with some weird boy who's addicted to highlighters. He probably deals them as well. I looked back over at him and he was still circling things with neon green and yellow highlighters. But I guess I can't judge, I mean I'm weird and all, my strange fetish is John Lennon, Dylan's is probably highlighting things. He probably has OCD; a needy compulsion; to highlighting things.

Mr Rite walked to the front of the classroom with the bucket hat clutched in his hands, "So everyone has a partner now?"

People mumbled a 'yes' and nodded.