Chapter 17 ✔️

Comincia dall'inizio

"You're wondering, perhaps, how I knew you were here? I've just been to your office, Lupin. You forgot to take your potion tonight, so I took a gobletful along. And very lucky I did... lucky for me, I mean. Lying on your desk was a certain map. One glance at it told me all I needed to know. I saw you running along this passageway and out of sight."

"Severus-"

"I've told the headmaster again and again that you're helping your old friend Pettigrew into the castle, Lupin, and here's the proof. Not even I dreamed you would have the nerve to use this old place as your hideout —"

"Severus, you're making a mistake! I can explain — I'm not here to kill Harry —" Peter yelled, but Severus shook his head. 

"I shall be interested to see how Dumbledore takes this... He was quite convinced you were harmless, you know, Lupin... a tame werewolf —" Snape smirked at Lupin.

"You fool! Is a schoolboy grudge worth putting an innocent man back inside Azkaban?" James yelled. Snape flicked his wand, and rope tied around James's mouth, arms, and ankles. He fell to the ground, his glasses slipping off his face, but still managed to glare at Snape. Harry and I screamed, as we ran over to James and started untying him. 

"You fool! I'm innocent!" Peter yelled, he lunged himself at Snape, but he flicked his wand at him, and ropes were tied around his mouth, arms, and ankles. 

"Peter!" I shouted, we just finished untying James. James threw the ropes off his body, we rushed over to Peter and started untying him. Sirius ran and grabbed his wand from the ground, him and Remus pointed there wands at Snape. Snape glared at them. 

"Give me a reason, and I'll do it. I hate all four of you, you all are the same to me." Snape whispered, I had enough of him, I stood up pointing my wand at him. 

"YOU'RE PATHETIC! JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE A FOOL OF YOU AT SCHOOL YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN —" Charlotte shouted,

"SILENCE! I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT!"

"I thought you were more like your mother, but I was wrong. You are your father's daughter! I have just saved your neck; you should be thanking me I have just saved your neck; you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well-served if he'd killed you! Now get out of the way, or I will make you. GET OUT OF THE WAY, POTTER!"

"No," I said, I stood in front of the four, and put my arms out, blocking them from him. Snape lifted his wand.

"No," I hissed, he lifted his wand higher, I tilted my chin up, daring him.

"Expelliarmus!" Three voices shouted, Snape flew across the room, his head slamming against the wall, before his limp body slipped against the wall. Ron, Hermione, and Harry looked down at there wands and Snape's body shocked. 

"We attacked a teacher... We attacked a teacher! Oh, we're going to be in so much trouble —" Hermione said, she let go of her wand, like it was hot to the touch, and let it fall on the bed. Peter stood up, rubbing his wrists from the ropes. No one said anything said anything, until Sirius broke the silence. 

"But-but I saw you that day, you told me you had been the mole the whole time, and that you told Voldemort where James and Lily were." Sirius finally said, Peter scoffed. 

"THAT WASN'T ME! HOW COULD YOU NOT NOTICE! HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT I WOULD EVER BETRAY MY FRIENDS! HOW COULD YOU NOT- " Peter stopped, taking in a deep shuddered breath. He pulled up his sleeve, his arms were riddled with scars from death eaters, but there was no dark mark. 

"How could you not know that it wasn't me? I didn't get a trial, I didn't get to see my friends, I didn't get anything,"

"Peter, I'm-we're sorry. We thought that you were just different because of the war! We thought that you were just scared- "James shouted; Peter scoffed.

"Scared? Scared, so I changed my whole personality? James, I wasn't there when you had Charlotte and Harry! Do you know how I knew you had children? Bellatrix, that night Voldemort disappeared. I only found out about Charlotte when I escaped Azkaban! I wasn't there when Sirius and Remus turned on each other! I wasn't there when you three were together fighting! I was alone! I was alone in the Malfoy basement, rotting away, while they used me to let out their anger." Peter shouted, pointing at each of them. This was going the wrong direction, Peter was forgetting that he wanted his friends back, he was getting so blinded sided by his rage. 

"Peter, call down! Remember what you said!" I yelled, I grabbed his arm, he shut his eyes, trying to breath. 

"Peter, I'm sorry. We were all horrible friends to each other; we won't make those mistakes again. I knew it! Deep down I knew that you could never betray us, but the evidence was piled against you! We were forced to believe it! Even Dumbledore believed it!" James shouted,

"Peter, we'll never make that mistake again," Remus promised.

"Sirius?" Peter whispered, I looked over at him, Sirius had gone silent, he took a panicked look around the room before shutting his eyes, taking a deep breath, and looked over at Sirius. 

"I'm sorry, Peter, I confronted Dolohov. I should have known it wasn't you. I knew you were different. I felt like something was off, but I-I just thought it was that I was shocked one of my best friends betrayed us."

Peter said nothing as the three hugged him. I felt my heart swell, finally happy that we did it. We got four best friends back together.