The Final Chapter Twenty: A Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

"It's okay... it's okay, sweetie," she said as he caressed my back in the circle gently. He didn't ask more what happened; she comforted me until I was calmed and felt better,...

"I'm not mad, but Seonwoo, Son... Mom's heart breaks every time you cry and hurt. I didn't carry you for nine months to form your heart and give birth to you just for someone to break you." She said softly and blues. I know mom was crying when I heard sniffles from her.

"I'm sorry, mom..." That was the only thing I could tell her... I let go of her when I calmed down. She wiped my tears and gave me a smile before brushing hers.

"Here, sweetie, Check your mask for later. I haven't opened it, so you would be the first one to see it." She said, smiling and lighting up the atmosphere.

I smiled at her, not wanting to worry her. I received the white box mom handed me, "Thank you, Mom." I said softly; I know she knew I was thanking her not only for the package but everything. She nodded and ruffled my hair as her answer. I just laughed softly.

I opened the white box, and it revealed a silver Colombina mask. A mask that only covers half of the face of the who's going to wear it; it matched my foxed eyes so well that I knew it was hand-made for me.

I softly caressed the masked made out of ceramic covered by thin yet soft gray leather. It has an accented metal braid and white pearls on its lining. Lastly, the white feathers on its sides made it look better and high class to describe it as more festive.

I was so sure it would fit my clothes with just one glance. I smiled genuinely for the first time since the night but still couldn't feel the excitement everyone does. It didn't last long when it faded, and gloom started to invade me once more.

Mom walked to the door when someone knocked, it must be Won, and I wasn't mistaken when I saw him with Jay hyung walking towards me after greeting mom,

Won's eyes didn't leave me; he showed me a take-out sandwich and put it on the side table; he just smiled without saying anything. He lay beside me, hugging me, while Jay hyung sat on the couch playing with his phone.

"Jay hyung is going to be jealous." I joked but still hugged him; we always do this when sad. It became a habit.

"I won't, don't worry," He said, looking at us,

"I gave him one, actually," Won whispered just enough for us to hear, then laughed.

I looked at him, trying to process what he said and when It sunk, I glared at him, "You guys not even couple yet! How dare you give him a cuddle!" I scolded him in a whisper with a hint of disbelief.

"What?" Jay hyung asked; maybe he heard my tone. I glared at him when our eyes met. He looked at Won then me again with a more puzzled expression, asking why I was glaring at him.

Won just laughed and said, "I'm kidding, duh!" as he rolled his eyes heavenward, but I didn't give him a pass and hit him, causing him to whine. Jay hyung just sighed.

"That hurts!" He said, pouting at me. I just chuckled, thinking that serves him right.

"Sun, I love you." I looked at him when he suddenly said that. My best friend's eyes were teary as he hugged me tighter.

"I know. I love you too, Won," I told him, assuring him I could handle everything I must and I should.

He left me alone in bed and sat next to Jay hyung, leaning on his shoulder as the elder's hand rested on the back of his waist. Jay hyung checked his expression a second later, wiped the tears on the side of his eyes, and kissed his forehead.

"Ehem!" I fake coughing; I glared at Won. Still, he just made a face and laughed a little as Jay hyung sat adequately and said, "It's not the first time you saw me kissing his forehead. Do you have a cough or something?" he teased with a playful smile. I just rolled my eyes at him as they both laughed.