Chapter 9: Searching for Justice

Start from the beginning

"Let us leave this place and then break our fast in surroundings more suited to our stations."

With that, Lord Voldemort led his followers out of the so-called secure wing. They would breakfast in Malfoy Manor while his death eaters looked over the new recruits from the other parts of the prison on the manor grounds.

Some of those released prisoners would go on to be loyal death eaters, some would die during their training raids and a few would even try to run - that would give Lord Voldemort a chance to see if over a decade in Azkaban had his little Bella losing her edge. The screams of Bella working on their first would-be deserter should certainly discourage others who harboured similar thoughts.

-oOoOo-

After hearing the news about Harry Potter being kissed by a dementor, Xeno Lovegood arrived at the little cottage at an hour that was hardly sociable - almost right after the snowy owl delivered the address to him. He found all the occupants, including one Harry Potter, were already up. In fact, most of them hadn't slept at all.

Ron went with Harry into what had by default become his bedroom in the cottage to get ready for their part in this plan. This also allowed Luna to bring her father up to speed with exactly what was happening. Hermione arriving for both wizards told them it was time to return. As Ron left, Hermione took the opportunity to hug Harry - just to make sure he really was here and her boyfriend.

Recognising what was happening, Harry held her close too. "Hey, it's okay, Hermione - we'll get through this."

"I'm just thankful Madam Bones brought you to St Mungo's, Dobby wouldn't have been able to get you out of the Ministry or Azkaban."

"I'm just thankful I don't have to speak to your parents about those love based rituals Luna mentioned. Not that I have anything against performing them with you, I would just rather no one but us knew about it…"

This left Hermione blushing, smiling and dragging Harry into the living room before any of her parents came looking for them.

Xeno had very quickly and wholeheartedly approved of their plan, though added one more refinement.

This was why Ron was in Hogsmeade, with Luna by his side as they entered Honeydukes. The pair found themselves on a mission that could have been designed for the two of them.

They were to enter the store and discuss loudly what they should buy and why, Ron was enjoying the argument so much he almost forgot the real reason they were there. As the only customers in the shop - Honeydukes had barely been open five minutes - both of the assistants were soon over to see if they could help this young couple make their minds up.

After a good ten minutes of enthusiastic back and forth discussions, they left the shop with a large bag of assorted sweets. Quickly and quietly walking past a few shops, they then dived into an alley before calling for Dobby.

"Master Harry is waiting on you..." There was almost displeasure in Dobby's tone, as if it was a crime to keep the great Harry Potter waiting. Then again, to Dobby it probably was. The little elf popped them straight to Harry.

"You had no trouble getting in then?"

"Oh I don't know about that, Ron. Luna saying that Pepper Imps scared away the Blibbering Humdingers almost had me bursting out laughing - not a good reaction for someone under an invisibility cloak and breaking into a shop's basement. It was a great relief though when Dobby could find me in the tunnel, I didn't fancy having to try and sneak back out of Honeydukes. Dobby, time for you and Winky to bring the rest of the gang."